Friday, May 6, 2011

let there be light

we should be sleeping right now.

many months ago when our refrigerator light went out i thought to myself how incredibly annoying that was and how was i to possible endure such a thing for one more second. i resolved to put in a fix it request and kept forgetting. sometime back in february/march i renewed my resolve. well, may came around and i decided it was just time to get it done. i took five minutes and submitted it online.

today, i put my baby down for her morning nap at 10. she wasn't too tired so she didn't fall asleep til 10:20. i may have fallen asleep at 10:30. at 11:15 there is someone frantically trying to bang the door down possibly to announce the british are coming or that the second coming is there. something major must be coming with that kind of knock.

nope, i tiptoe downstairs as the repair guy has let himself in. "oh, sorry" he tells me, probably realizing there is a sleeping baby upstairs. as i turn around (knowing the inevitable) baby starts to cry. of course. that's why i'm already on my way to her room. i had barely gotten her out of her crib when i heard the front door slam again. dude, if you're gonna be that fast repairing a fridge light, just get in and out. don't bother knocking.

this is not a current picture.  i'm sure it's about as old as my baby.  but don't let that bother you.  my fridge looks like this pretty much all the time if i can help it.  we don't run low.

so there you go. we have light. and i am ready for my day of rest.

No comments: