Tuesday, December 6, 2011

"i'm a big girl now!"

the things this little kid does make me realize that she's just that... a little kid.  not a baby anymore, she's a real live girl!  so here are some pictures from a few weeks ago, on my birthday.

powdering

putting on a bracelet

chapstick

necklace

caught!

compact

bronzer

uhhh, did i forget anything?

did you notice how all that stuff was on the counter?  i had to take it out of the drawer because baby can reach.  she was not happy about this.

dirty mirror
let me take a short little moment to tell you why i love my dirty mirror to the point of photographing it.  before i had baby girl, i worked with kids.  at a million different jobs.  it was really difficult for me because i didn't want to take care of other people's kids... i just wanted to take care of my own but i couldn't seem to get pregnant.  so in the mean time, i worked with kids and i was very very familiar with the my little handprints poem.
My Little Handprints  
Sometimes you get discouraged   
Because I am so small  
I always leave my handprints  
On the furniture and walls  
But everyday I'm growing big  
And soon I'll be very tall  
Then all my little handprints  
Will be so hard to recall  
So here's a special gift  
Just so that you can say  
This is how my hands looked  
When I placed them here today 
i remember one time when i was working at a daycare/pre-preschool i had to do this craft with all the kids... based around this poem.  it was just one of many times while working that job that my heart broke.  when i looked at that craft displayed on the wall my eyes would sometimes well up with tears.  and even when i was at home, i would see our perfectly clean, non childproofed house and wish it wasn't so clean.  now, when i look at my dirty mirror, i won't lie, my eyes sometimes still well up with tears.  but this time they're tears of joy at this regular reminder of my precious little girl.  and that is why as gross as it is, i love my filthy mirror.

story of my life.  baby getting into things while photograph it all.

dumped out all the flossers

cleaning them up again

look ma!  here they are!

oh my goodness i love her so much

whoops!  forgot one!

all clean.  and she did it all herself.

dumping them out again... in the bedroom this time.

and once again... picking them up.
i know, i know.  i take too many pictures.  i'm obsessed.

No comments: