Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Young pups learn new tricks

Today was a busy day. 

I woke up and prepped for our trip to the pool. It wasn't til 11 and even with my best planning we were still five minutes late. I met up with my visiting teacher and then was joined at noon by my favorite spider killing friend shaylee. And maybe half of my ward was there too. Aside from four teenagers and two neighborhood families (who I actually knew too) everyone at the pool was from church. We all joke that it's like a ward party every day. Anyways, we didn't leave til 2. 

We had lunch and I got the kids down for nap time and had a few minutes to pick up a little bit before my laurel president came over for a bit. Then I had a little more time to do random stuff like renew our library stuff online and I finally got in the shower for the day. 

Then it was a rush to hurry and get ready for our yw activity and I was of course still five minutes late. And I was sweating from showering and blow drying my hair and getting dressed so fast after my hot shower. Major con of showers during summer time although still better than freezing after showers in the winter. 

Anyways, the activity was great. We went door to door collecting canned food items for a food drive going on and ate brownies and hung out. On my way home I dropped off three girls and all the food we collected. 

And then I got home to a super bad headache husband. So even though my own head hurt, I was a really great wife and told my honey to head to bed (which wasn't actually that noble because he was just sprawled on the floor while our kids watched tv and fended for themselves) while I took care of everything. 

I got a text from Emmy telling me his huge list of stuff she accomplished in two hours. Like making tomorrows dinner, feeding and getting kids to bed, making a treat, packing lunches, providing food and clothing to third world countries, and creating world peace. Here's what I did in the space of two hours: got two kids fed and put to bed.   Ummm why does it take so long?!?!  The first kid was simple but the bigger kid is the slowest eater I've ever known. I'm pretty sure that's called karma. And genetics. 

Anyways, my head still hurts but it wasn't a bad day. Just a little crazy. But I guess I should have anticipated that with the way it started this morning with Brady's new trick. 


And, yes, I'm fully aware that it is highly unusual to still be swaddling a kid of this age. We can talk about it later. 

No comments: