Friday, October 25, 2013

20

That's the number of girls (and brothers) it took for me to finally get a babysitter for tonight. Literally it was exactly TWENTY. Hallelujah that persistence pays off. One of my first picks finally texted me back exactly one hour before we needed to leave and was all "Sorry! I was at school and then I went to soccer! And yeah I can if you still need me!"  Yes please... Be here in an hour!  What an answer to my prayers!  And this is actually the first time she's babysat for us and I loved her. In all honesty, we've used a ton of different babysitters but I only really really like two. This one will be added and now I'll have three favorites to call. Makes my day. 

What else made my day... More free clothes. 


I always love seersucker but Abigail isn't a huge fan. Hopefully she'll come around by the time she'll fit into these shorts. Also, I thought this shirt was cute. Reminded me of catching fireflies when I was younger. But of course we get home and Abigail is all "can I hold my shirt that has the trash can on it?"  Awesome. Kids really tell it like it is. 


So tonight after we left our kids in good hands with the babysitter we went to a one year old birthday party and then to a byu ballroom dance performance. It was really great but holy cow those costumes were a little out of control at times. Who designs those things?!  I can only imagine... "And then lets add even more flowy fabric! Of every color!  And then let's dip the whole thing on sparklers and glitter and rhinestones!"




We saw a ton of people. It was like a huge Mormon party reunion. 

And then when we got home I had to check on my babes. So perfectly precious. 



It was a good day. 

No comments: