Saturday, December 5, 2009

christmas came early!!!

life is good.

christopher gave me my christmas present early this year and boy was it a good one!  he sure outdid himself!








this is what christopher brought me for christmas this year...

he was so excited all day long to go "pick up" my christmas gift and give it to me.  at first i wondered why he wanted me to open it so early.  but then when he brought in two huge packing boxes i realized it just must be so big that he can't conceal it from me at all.  anyways.  he brought little boxes in one by one and dumped them all over me, the sofa, the coffee table, and the floor!  i was so overwhelmed i may or may not have cried.  come now, don't we all get a little extra emotional during the holidays?  plus, christmas music was playing in the background. 

ps- i know i said in my birthday post that my two buildings were my soon to be HUGE christmas village but i meant like soon as in the next ten years.  this really was 100% a complete surprise!


so then he helped me take them all out of their boxes so i could see them each individually.  they are so beautiful and old timey.  they're from the dept 56 charles dickens set so they're all from that time period and include scrooge's house and tiny tim's house.  yes, i know i'm weird and this is not a normal obsession for someone in their mid-twenties.

now here are just a million pictures i took when we set it up last night.  it was magical.































so there you have it.  my life is complete.


10 comments:

Karen said...

Oh my gosh! That is so awesome! I'm so jealous that you got the present of your dreams! I love snow villages. My mom had a huge one and I always admired it all christmas. I would love to have a village like yours. Your christmas season will be so great

Sara said...

Look at your big, little village! Good husband you got there.

And your snowy blog background is very festive and pretty.

Jeff said...

ieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiydddddddddddddddddddddd0944444888888444444444ssssssssssssssssssssssssjeeeeeeeemmsehnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyllllllllllwqzq

Jeff said...

Aunt Carrie,

I love your Christmas village. I have one too. I helped my daddy put it up.

Love,
Skye

P.S. -This is an accurate translation of the previous comment.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid

Jeff said...

Aunt Carrie,

I love typing comments for you.

Love,
Skye

uuis388989883skwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness! HOW FUN!! I am so excited for you!!! It looks GREAT!! Yay for Christmas!!

Jenna said...

Wow, way to go Chris!!! He definitely did a good job on this year's gift didn't he?! Hope all is well!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Wow. Merry Christmas to you! That's an awesome little village you've got goin on!

megan b. said...

whoa that is the coolest thing ever. how did i not know about christmas villages. i want one. yay for husbands!

Mary Mitchell said...

Dang, I've always wondered who this "Jeff" guy is who comments on all your posts and always tells you how excited he is to see you and how much he loves you. I just figured out that it is in fact your sister. This is good news.

P.S. I'm so jealous of your Christmas village.