Thursday, July 31, 2008

Let him eat cake!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOMINICK!!!

After weeks and weeks of telling people I have a 3 year old (kinda) I finally do (kinda). A week ago today, on July 29th, we celebrated Dominick's 3rd birthday. We grilled hamburgers, hung out, and best of all, ate cake... or rather watched the cake eat Dominick...


It started out simple enough, putting cake in Dominick's hands and watching it go in his mouth.

He seemed to think it was some sort of play dough because he lost interest in putting it in his mouth and preferred to put it a variety of other places starting with his face...

Then his hair a little bit...

More in his hair, and a little on Uncle Randy's face...

And with a little help from Lexi he got REALLY into it!

He pulled out all the stops...

Paused just long enough for a picture with me...

And continued on to the rest of his body! Haha, this is a picture of the aftermath. He was eventually stripped of all of his clothing and placed directly in a bathtub to soak! Thank goodness cleaning up that mess was NOT in my job description!

3 comments:

Robyn said...

So funny! I am so glad you're blogging! Btw..I stole your address from Ginny's blog. :) I enjoyed getting to read a little about Chris since I have yet to meet him. Maybe next beach?!

Jason & Nicole said...

HAHA!! CUTE!!

kara said...

How fun to see pictures! Now I believe you - you really do have a job! Joking. What a fun birthday. I think deep down we all wish we could cover our heads with our own birthday cake!