Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Memorial Day weekend catchup

friday- I had my 36 week appointment with my actual doctor and it was my first time meeting with her this entire pregnancy.  she's the doctor that was on call when Brady was born and I saw her a couple of times during my pregnancy with Elizabeth.  honey stayed home from work to watch the kids while I went (at 11:10, it really wasn't a convenient time for any of us) and I know it was rough... he's so great for always attempting to work from home with our kids even though it just never ends well for him.  when I got back, I took the kids to the playground and we did quiet time, so hopefully they forgot a bit about their rough morning...


Saturday- I got a slow morning at home with Elizabeth while honey took Abigail and Brady to the BYU 5k that happens every year.  I've been once.  ha.  he pushed them in the double stroller and Brady did the little kids run after.  mostly I think they just loved that they got watermelon and cotton candy.







we actually took the kids to the pool that afternoon!  even though it was only in the high 50's and there was no pool party (I guess our HOA decided to just drop it because of the weather and not even open the pool) and the pool was closed and we actually had to semi break in.  but, honey got a few pizzas and we hung out at the pool with the Cottles while Abigail and the Cottle kids all swam.


when we got home, honey and the kids cleaned up our disaster of a house while I went to the church to print the sacrament program and make copies.  that's my new calling since I was pregnant enough that they released me from nursery.  I'm glad to have a calling that I will be able to fulfill with a newborn/husband in the bishopric.  my honey has been so amazing lately at cleaning up around the house and especially helping out in the kitchen loading and unloading the dishwasher.  so stupid but it makes such a huuuuuge difference to me.  I love it so much.

sunday- we celebrated Elizabeth's birthday!  my baby is two years old!  the morning was like any other.  sacrament meeting went really well.  and it was my first Sunday not going to nursery with Elizabeth so I just dropped her off and headed to Sunday school.  I was surprised how weird I felt in Sunday school and relief society considering I was only in nursery January through may.  Chris picked up Elizabeth and the nursery leaders said she was adorable.  when we got home, I took a few pictures of her on our front porch and she was hamming it up for the camera.




she really was in a fabulous mood for her birthday.  too bad we didn't even do anything to celebrate for it until after she woke up from nap!  we grilled hotdogs and hamburgers, opened presents (she got a small bouncy ball, all dogs go to heaven 2, sidewalk chalk, and then a little shirt and shorts outfit from the Kelsey grandparents), went on a walk around the block as a family (that's one of her favorites... just walking), and then had cake at home.  Chris made mini bundt cakes (thanks for the pan, mom!) and filled them extra big... when we flipped them upside down, they were like oversized cupcakes and the kids were all thrilled to each get their own even though Brady was the only one to finish his.



so, the day was a major success and I'm blown away that it's already been two years since we met our little baby Elizabeth.... I can't believe we're already about to have another one in a couple weeks!  while Christopher took the kids upstairs for bed while I dressed Elizabeth in her blessing dress and took her to the backyard to take a few birthday photos of her.  she wasn't in the most cooperative mood (mostly a little upset that I wouldn't let her wear shoes and she was walking around in our prickly backyard grass), but I sang Moana to her for the second half of it and I think I got a number of pretty good pictures... I'm excited to see them on a bigger screen.  maybe I'll get around to posting some on here!

monday- honey went golfing with friends in the morning and by noon we were all on our way to the rockies game.  honey is quite the baseball fan this season since the rockies are the second best team in the mlb right now!  ha, he's never been a baseball fan and I won't lie, it's been a lot of fun having him turn on the game after work in the evenings and just have it on in the background or having all of us sit down and watch it together as a family.  so, we got there before the game even started and stayed till it was over.





sadly, the rockies couldn't pull out the win and we lost by just a run.  it was great weather though.  sunny, then overcast, then raining for a bit, then sunny again, and then a bit overcast again.  perfection.  we played outside after we got home and then everyone got baths and showers and headed to bed.  I wondered/worried how we would celebrate without getting together with a bunch of family (I feel like I care about this stuff a bit more now that my kids are older and want to celebrate every holiday), but this was perfect.








Tuesday- I gloriously didn't roll out of bed till 9am.  ms. Stacy came over this morning and Abigail was soooo excited to finally meet her since she's been at school every other time.  the kids played outside a bit while I fed Elizabeth and we got to the library by 11:30 and stayed for almost two hours, as usual.  I have no idea how we stay so long every time and I'm still always dragging my kids away.  someday, I'm gonna have to just see how long my kids are content to stay if I never tell them we have to go.  we stopped by Best Buy on the way home to pick up my new laptop (I've hated my other one for the past two years, ever since I got it and honey has been begging me to just get a new one) and then I got the kids fed and down for quiet time (but not till 3 because there was a hiccup with the Best Buy pickup and it took longer than anticipated... my kids fortunately loved sitting in the comfy chairs and watching the 20 huge tvs with all sorts of fun stuff on them) and I got some downtime.  I require a lot of downtime these days... I blame pregnancy.  honey got home at 4:45 when Brady woke up so I declared quiet time over.  we all ate a bit and played outside until honey had to go to the church for a bishopric meeting.  so 7:00 started our little movie night of Alice in wonderland and whenever this is over, I'm gonna march these kids up to bed and declare this our first successful summer day!  maybe I will be able to survive a few months of Abigail out of school.  ; )

No comments: