Wednesday, May 17, 2017

35 weeks

How far along:  35 weeks  (5.17.17)
Total weight gain/loss: +24 lbs 
Maternity clothes:  just some maternity shirts and a couple maternity dresses. Everything else is just my normal stuff that I make work. My jeans with the fringe on the ankles still fit perfectly except that when the denim gets loose they slide down, but as far as my waist goes, they're just right. My skinniest skinnies are most comfortable with a hair and through them but I can button them when necessary. 
Sleep:  it's still the same as before.  super crazy and exhausting dreams.  never feeling like my sleep is restful at all.  typically waking up feeling tired still. I still don't wake up during the night.  or at least when i wake up, i'm able to just turn over and go back to sleep.  i don't chug a glass of milk and go to the bathroom during the night like I used to. so technically, i'm sleeping through the night, but of course i'm still tired, no matter how many hours i get. I aim to get ten hours each night but that never happens (especially with all the traveling lately and having Lisa here visiting. Also, I need nap time. 
Best moment this week:  that's gotta be just all of the moments that I've gotten to spend with Lisa while she was visiting. Except not Saturday because we were all sick that day. 
Movement:  still lots of kicks and rolls and every sort of other movement you could possible imagine. The movement is constant and it is out of control. So forceful and pronounced. I loved having Lisa here to gasp and point and make faces at all the action she saw going on with my giant belly. Also loved having her rest both hands on my belly while we sat in bed watching poldark for hours on end. For real this is probably my most active in the womb child yet. It is so insane. Like literally words can do this no justice. 
Food cravings:  i have had a number of times the last few weeks where food has been so so good and just really hit the spot, but for the most part, I still don't really care for it much. I liked the rice Krispy treats that Lisa made me for Mother's Day and some fancy fresh chocolate covered strawberries on the meritain trip, but I definitely don't sit in bed and daydream about what I want to eat next. I spend most of my time being moderately to severely hungry and mentally whining about how I have to eat again. 
Symptoms:  mild depression that's almost totally under control with zoloft, very increased fatigue (emotionally, physically, mentally, and any other way i can feel fatigue.... i have it all), still sometimes feeling like i'm going to faint/pass out when i stand up, super crazy weird dreams, sometimes waking during the night for no reason at all or because I'm so hungry, growing stomach.  also, sometimes headaches and nausea again lately, mostly in the evenings and at night but sometimes earlier in the day too.  i'm still having that back pain (unrelated to pregnancy) but it is barely there. Like the flair up went away but my back isn't really back to normal. Part of it though I think is just me being used to it by now. Like it's been so long since I could lean over the crib rail like a normal person when I'm putting Elizabeth to bed.
Gender:  i am now totally set on this being a boy and will have a huge struggle if there had been a mistake on the gender at the ultrasound. I'm too far gone to go back to thinking about a baby girl. Also, here's what I wrote in the last post about names... it came true.  "still undecided on a first name although i have my pick and that's what keeps coming to my head when i'm thinking of or referring to this little kid. is it terrible that i just keep assuming that we won't talk about it and then chris will just go with my name? that just seems like what he'll do."  I mentioned it to Chris and he was all "we decided that already" and said the name I preferred. And I was like "I thought you liked this other name better." So he replied "yeah, that's a great name... do you want to name him that?" And when I said no, he was all "okay, then I guess we'll name him _____" saying the name that I preferred. So I guess we're decided. I mean, that would be a really good thing because my mind is pretty set on it. My husband seriously just goes along with whatever I want and never makes a big (or little) deal about it. I'm probably getting too used to this, as evidenced by what I said in my last post... called it. 
What I miss:  so I remember in at least one previous pregnancy that I missed being skinny. Not this time. I'm still enjoying my belly, but also, I'm getting less and less vain with age and don't care so much about how wide my belly appears. The thing that I really do miss is fitting better in smaller spaces. I swear I need a helmet or a ninja turtle shell for my belly because I knock it into things multiple times a day and it really hurts. It's normally the door of the washer/dryer, the side view mirrors of cars, and chairs when my trying to squeeze through a spot sideways out of habit (because I mistakenly think that I'm smaller in that direction. I'm not. I think I'm a perfect square) but also, I hit my stomach on counters or shower doors or my kids' heads or the vacuum and a million other things. Painful. And it's getting old real fast. Also, I'm so tired and physically that's a huge pain. I love going on walks, but honestly, just standing up makes me light headed and hot and out of breath so regular life is just a pain. Like when making a sandwich seems beyond your physical endurance. I have to sit constantly. Writing it out makes it sound like I'm exaggerating but I swear I'm not. I think much of it must come from the altitude though because I really didn't feel like that when I was in San Diego. But in Colorado, I'm dying.  Also, what I wrote from the previous post still applies... "same as before... sometimes i'm just sad that i don't want to hang out with my kids more or that i don't feel as much love and affection for them as i should. also, it's kind of a time suck that i need so much sleep. i feel like i don't get much alone time because i need so much sleep and there's not time for both. i also miss having any energy.  i'm just so tired all day.  i have to use quiet time each day for myself.  like i have to definitely be in my bed and enjoy the quiet or take a nap (so so tired all the time)... i'm definitely not going to be doing anything productive."
Milestones:  i'm at 35 weeks and have 35 days to go. And I'm still getting comments from people that ask me if i'm just done being pregnant or if i'm reading for my baby to just be here and all those comments make me panic hardcore because (see above), i can't handle anything. i need more time. and more energy. 
Theme: the week of having Lisa as my sister wife. It was so amazingly helpful having her around to help with the kids and keep me company and my spirits up. She was constantly all "what can I do for you? You need to rest. Let me do your dishes. I just cleaned your kitchen and am going to bed, but do you need me to get you anything before I head up?" It's so hard for me to pull into the garage and I always sit there for a minute or two before I can get myself to muster enough physical and mental energy to walk inside. Lisa would always read my mind and as we would pull into the garage she would just say something like "what would you like me to do right now?" and then she'd grab my purse and go inside to do whatever I'd asked of her. I love that she's like family and I can truly be straight with her. I always gave her a job. Normally taking Brady up for quiet time while I took Elizabeth up for her nap. Or having her get started on lunch or dinner while I took care of a few other things. As I text Chris this morning, "my life is a lot more difficult without Lisa here."  My honey struggles with having house guests (not because of the people, just because he's an introvert and there are people in his house) and Lisa's visit was truly such a wonderful gift. From both Lisa and my honey. 
What's different this time around:  most like Abigail's I think. I'm so sleepy and physically exhausted. Also, this kid moves like crazy and I don't feel a crazy urge to nest. 

Extra: I'm too lazy to answer this. 


5.18.17 at 35 weeks, 1 day


5.21.17 at 35 weeks, 4 days



No comments: