Saturday, May 8, 2010

31 weeks

sorry.  really busy lately.  i will post this in a day or two maybe.

hope you're having a good weekend!  happy mother's day!

How far along: 31 weeks  (5.8.10)
Total weight gain/loss: + 19 lbs ...goodness!
Maternity clothes?: not bad this week.  i actually get lots of compliments on my clothes these days!  that's fun.  except that none of them are mine and i'll have to give all of them back to their rightful owners eventually.
Stretch marks?: still wondering why my left side gets stretch marks so far ahead of my right.  i can see where a couple of stretch marks on my right hip will appear although they aren't actually there yet.
Sleep: the dreams this week have been more toned down.  THANK GOODNESS FOR THAT!!!  and anytime i sit down for more than ten minutes i'm at serious risk for falling asleep.  like when i went to the temple on friday and was nodding off ten minutes into it... and for the next hour and a half.  and nodding off at church today.  it's embarrassing.  still sleeping through the night and waking up absolutely exhausted.  one weird thing though (who knows, maybe it's just a really great blessing) is that when i wake up in the morning, i am WIDE awake and it's hard to get back to sleep.  great for when my alarm goes off... bad for when something else accidentally wakes me up.
Best moment this week: christopher and i celebrated our three year anniversary.  can't believe we've been married that long.  we played skip bo and went to bed early.  it was really great!
Movement: i feel it more than ever and more often than ever too.  chris is convinced that our kid has inherited my add and that has always been a longstanding fear of mine so we're both kinda mourning for our kid already.  i just hope she doesn't hate school as much as i did.  but if she does, i at least have my own mother's example to follow on how to handle it all and help my kid graduate!  she is very strong and sometimes she really startles me with big flips and really tickles me sometimes too.  when i was at target yesterday she was super low and it was actually really uncomfortable because i'm already carrying really low.  it was uncomfortable to walk (even when i walked very slowly and gingerly) and almost hurt.  i think it gave me a sneak peak into the homestretch of pregnancy when i hear it gets way uncomfortable.  anyways, she did a huge flip and i did some poking and prodding and then we all felt a lot better!
Food cravings:  this week it was kinda oreos (even without milk!) which i've never really been a huge fan of.  it's still weird for me to like sweets.  but honestly, aside from sweets (which i really only want small quantities of) i only really enjoy healthier foods.  i am super sensitive to salt and sugar when normally i think the more the better!  i had garlic bread yesterday, which has always been my favorite, and all i could think while i was eating it was "this is so salty.  why am i eating this?!?! it's white bread and butter and garlic salt.  bread, butter, salt?!?!  where is the nutritional value?!?!"  and this morning when i ate french toast, it tasted good but i really had trouble enjoying it because it was just so sweet (and i struggled again with the zero nutrients white bread issue).  this is just so weird for me.  i can't even love my captain crunch anymore because i just want bran flakes.  and i used to like my cereal with 2% milk and then it seemed too sweet and creamy so i dropped to 1% and now i think i just prefer skim.  and i ONLY like to drink skim milk.  anything else is too fatty and soda is bad for you and juice is too sugary and sweet, even if i water it down.  i'm sure this would be absolutely unbelievable to anyone that has known me up close for any length of time.
Gender: GIRL!!!  so excited to have a girl.  but i got a little sad today thinking about how all girls are brats from time time they're 12 to the time they're 22 and that my sweet little girl probably will too (even though chris is convinced that some girls stay nice and maybe our kid will too).  so once again, i'll just have to ask my mother her methods for not bashing my brains in daily for being such a jerk.
What I miss:  eh, just a little here and there.  but just for the record, when i answer this question i'm kind of just anticipating the future and comparing pregnancy to post pregnancy.  because honestly, this question would not even be on here if it was comparing pregnancy to pre-pregnancy infertility.  that's obvious right?!?! 
Milestones: only having two months left!  holy cow!  once again, i just gotta say, this is going by too fast!  i just found out i was pregnant six months ago.  after years of wishing and anticipating it's like i waited in line for 3 hours at six flags and then my ride was over in 2.5 minutes!  being pregnant makes me feel so fulfilled.  it makes me feel special and important.  i love it.
Theme: the week of starting to count down.  the end is near and it's coming fast!
Extra:  i was excited this year not to dread mother's day.  i didn't have to worry about someone's talk in church making me cry or whatever.  i love strangers telling me happy mother's day at the airport.  i love people telling me i look great.  i love all of the special treatment and that i don't even feel guilty asking a stranger for a favor.  i've decided that it's always christmas when you're pregnant.  seriously, people strike up conversation, offer you help, smile/are extra friendly, etc. to you when you're pregnant, just like how everyone is around christmas time... but probably even more so.  i wonder what it's like to be big and pregnant during december... that must be over the top.  i saw the scale say 150 for the first time.  i guess i knew it was coming.  i mean, i was gaining 2-3 pounds a week for two months and then gained nothing for two months... i mean, it was only a matter of time before the scale continued to go up...  today i was so tired i was almost in tears (though it's not hard to bring me to tears these days) and i realized that i'm going to continue to be extremely tired for months to come.  and after that i'll be really tired probably indefinitely.  and in all actuality, i might not ever feel well rested again in this lifetime.  wow, now we all know how one thing leads to another and i get carried away and start crying all within the space of 20 seconds.  i feel big.  i grunt like my dad when i roll over or get out of bed, up from the sofa, etc.  i mean, i'm up over 25 pounds from my normal weight, which i was a short eight months ago.  over 25 pounds?!?! um, that's a lot of weight to carry around.  i don't waddle yet, but when i walk i totally lean back for fear of my belly causing me to tip over forward.  it is so heavy and my kid only weighs three pounds!  oh how i fear the next two months!  other random things.  when chris talks to our baby, he gets right up close to my belly and in an echo voice says "hello!  is anyone in there?"  and then he listens and tells me he didn't get a response.  not sure why, but i still think it's funny.  and a few times he'll lay his head on my belly for a face massage.  and sometimes when i spoon him he'll ask me "why's our baby always kicking my butt?" and then i make up some excuse for why he must deserve it.  it's fun.

5 comments:

Sara said...

Happy early Mother's Day to you, ma'am!

Jeff said...

I would love for Dad to read that you think you grunt like him! And, I need advice b/c MY daughter IS JUST LIKE YOU. Mom just tells me good luck. If she shares any other great secret methods with you, let me know. Glad you're doing better this week. I'm sure all the clothes compliments are on things I sent you. Love you!

Carrie said...

liza, i love skye but i also feel very bad for you. i'm pretty sure i just got more and more difficult until i was 20 or something and then it started to taper off. but i'm pretty sure that had more to do with trying to impress chris than actually improving. best of luck. hopefully my child is like chris!

Jeff said...

Your child could also be like me. I was and still am pretty near perfect-oh wait, that's Em.

I also read Dad the grunting portion of your narrative, but I couldn't stop laughing while I was reading. Chris needs to do a video, but my imagination is probably better.

Anonymous said...

I CANNOT believe you have two months left!! Time is flying!! Oh and good luck with your little girl not having an attitude or being a drama queen...Adalie is 3 and is already ridiculous lol She has Brett wrapped around her little finger as i am sure this one will have Chris wrapped around hers