Saturday, May 22, 2010

33 weeks

How far along: 33 weeks  (5.22.10)
Total weight gain/loss: + 21 lbs
Maternity clothes?: that one pair of jeans that just kept growing with me...  well, i washed them and the next time i put them on they really just weren't comfortable to button.  i want the weather to warm up so i can throw out all of this jeans nonsense and just wear skirts all the time.  i think i'm going to have infinitely more wardrobe problems in the upcoming weeks.
Stretch marks?: i'm getting used to them.  i'm glad they don't hurt.  but why do they look so red and painful?!?!  i went through a big growth spurt growing up.  i don't know the time frame but i went from 5'0'' to 5'8" really really fast.  i didn't noticed them until i was twenty or so, but i have plenty of stretch marks on my legs and hips... they're just so faint, they're hard to see unless i'm really tan and you're looking really hard.  how did i get all of those and not notice while it was happening?!?!  i'm seriously so confused.
Sleep: last night i had a dream that i was on the bachelor with a bunch of other girls i knew and apparently they allowed married girls to be on the show to act as advocates for some of the unmarried girls.  my college roommate sarah was there and so was my apx wife friend karen who are both married.  my blogging sister emmy was one of the single girls on there.  we filmed the finale live.  it was so weird.  do you ever wish you were an artist so you could draw your dreams?  and so was my childhood best friend elisabeth.  after the shower i walked out and met up with my good friend joan rivers and she bought me expensive food as we walked through an indoor mall linked by movie theater lobbies... all very upscale. 
Best moment this week: yesterday.  talking to someone and realizing i only have seven weeks left!
Movement: i can tell she's getting cramped because there are fewer and fewer big kicks and squirms and more little wiggles instead.  occasionally she'll still go just absolutely nuts and my belly looks like a water balloon being held by someone jumping down the stairs.
Food cravings:  still milk and fruit.  but oh man, that milk tastes so heavenly!
Gender: GIRL!!!  i'm so excited for a girl. 
What I miss:  nothing.  i'm loving it.  it's so great.  oh, but i'll love when my jeans don't make me feel so giant.  that'll be nice. 
Milestones: i feel like every day is a milestone.  i'm celebrating the whole thing!!!
Theme: the week of "jumbo lady"  no explaination other than this is the answer chris gave me.  last time i ask him for input on our pregnancy journal!
Extra:  i'm so excited for chris to have a kid!  yesterday at the biz kids dinner he was running around with all the kids and playing with them and they were having the time of their life and i kept saying in my head "he needs a kid" like i've always done... this time though i was excited that soon he actually will!  i couldn't believe it!  and now he's making me get ready for the day.

*post edit*
sorry for the lack of detail emmy.  you didn't get picked by the bachelor.  he ended up picking the girl that everyone hated.  it was a total vienna ending again.  and he wasn't even lds or a good match for you so you didn't care.

6 comments:

Karen said...

So was I that karen in your dream? i don't know if you have any more axp friends named Karen but I hope I was because I have always wanted to go on the bachelor so I'm glad I was finally able to. Who was the bachelor. can't wait for the new season to start on monday by the way. I've loved reading your pregnancy journal. It's been a lot of fun and I love your description of the water balloon coming down the stairs. It's so true!

Jeff said...

ok. time for more prego pics. Please email or post promptly.

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Only 7 more weeks!!!! WOW! I agree, let's see some belly shots :)

EmmyLou said...

what happened to me on the show??? your dream needs more detail. it's so vague as you've described it.

Sara said...

I love that you're loving milk, Carrie.

Perhaps someday, I'll be craving
broccoli and parsnips.

Not likely, but a girl can dream.

Anonymous said...

Time is flying still!!! Let's see a pictures of that preger belly girl!!