Sunday, May 16, 2010

32 weeks

How far along: 32 weeks  (5.15.10)
Total weight gain/loss: + 20 lbs
Maternity clothes?: i found two pairs of jeans in the neglected clothes basket in the laundry room of my building.  one pair is a bit big and baggy, but the other pair fits great and i can button them all the way too if i need to!  how've i been so lucky lately with free clothes?!?!  i love it.
Stretch marks?: super super faint on my right hip.  my left hip looks like a war zone though.  yikes.
Sleep: still nodding off and falling asleep anytime i sit down.  i've started waking up at five again in the mornings.  sometimes i can just go back to sleep but sometimes i have to go to the bathroom or get a few glasses of milk first.  this may be the end of sleeping through the night.  for a long long time.  dreams are still toned down but totally random.  i had a dream last night that i accidentially drank white wine thinking it was white grape juice.  and then i convinced myself it was no big deal.  and then i was wondering how on earth i got so lax that i went from not even taking tylenol to thinking it was fine to have an occasional glass of wine.  still multiple dreams a night and so bizarre.  even more bizarre than the dreams i had while i was on my malaria pills in africa.
Best moment this week: i had a baby shower!  my sweet friends sarah and loran threw me a baby shower and it was so much fun.  the craziest part was that it was MINE!  i stopped going to baby showers two years ago because it was too hard emotionally.  so this was pretty exciting and maybe i can start going to baby showers again now that i had such a good time at mine! 
Movement: i am starting to feel her under my ribs more.  i don't get painful kicks to the ribs like i've been hearing about but occasionally i'll bend over to get something and she's just in the way and i can't go any farther.  i absolutely love feeling her consistently throughout the day though.  it gives me such peace of mind and it keeps me from feeling lonely because i fee like i always have company!
Food cravings:  milk milk milk.  and of course fruit too.  cereal wise this week it's been life with skim.  it's crazy how thirsty i get.  even when my stomach is full from drinking so much it's like i'm just still so so thirsty.  totally insatiable at times.
Gender: GIRL!!!  i keep wondering how i would feel if i got to the hospital and my baby happened to come out a boy.  really not sure how i would handle that because i feel like i've developed this relationship and bond with my baby girl, not boy.  random i know, but just kinda weird to think about.
What I miss:  nothing?  i don't really know how to explain it but even though i miss having energy and not having to think so hard about finding an outfit to wear that works, i've just gotten used to it.  it's just kind of a fact of life these days with little things like that.  like how you get used to cold weather because it's rainy.  eventually, you stop thinking about what a pain it is to layer your clothes or scrape off your windshield in the morning.  it's just normal and you appreciate it for being what it is.  hmm, okay, i just reread that and i don't think that explained what i wanted to at all.  but i don't have a better way to put it.  oh well.  answer: i'm just loving being pregnant.  it's absolutely amazing.
Milestones: still only having two months left!  it felt so weird on sunday and monday answering people and saying "i'm due in two months.  two months from today."  and now that i can say less than two months.  oh my goodness, who would have thought i would make it this far?!?
Theme: the week of getting pumped for a baby!  of course i'm excited to have a baby, but really, until now, i haven't let myself get really into that thought.  i've just been focusing on how happy i am to be pregnant.  it's totally something else though to get baby clothes and things at a baby shower and realize that a child will wear them soon!
Extra:  i thought i already wrote about this but i guess i didn't.  i'm running out of time right now on chris's computer though so i'll make it short.  i thought it was absolutely the cutest thing ever when we were in colorado last weekend with chris's family.  he and his family love competitions and so he took bets from everyone on what they thought about our baby.  everyone guessed due date and time, length, weight, and hair (yes/no) and put a dollar in the pot.  i thought that was a bit on the gambling side but chris's dad didn't see a problem with it and neither did the rest of his family.  hmmm, i'll have to finish this later to spare my patient husband.  to be continued...  the whole time i was telling people not to give him money but they all did it anyways!  chris's mom handed over a dollar for each of the boys to place a bet.  and chris's three grandparents all put in their dollars... even saintly grandma virginia.  i was appalled!  so i told chris it was fine if he emailed my family to play the guessing game but that he should not even dare mention money considering i was so opposed and i'm probably the most liberal of my family!  but anyways, i just thought it was the cutest thing ever when he got out his little notebook and started the whole thing.  sometimes he just melts my heart.  also something i noticed during the trip was that i can't travel these days without feeling sick at some point on the trip.  every trip i've flown, i'm sick at some point.  i get headaches, my stomach hurts, i lose my appetite, etc.  just something random and weird i thought i'd share.  also, occasionally i'll get a really weird sensation in my mouth and throat.  i'm not sure what heartburn is but if it can be felt solely in your throat then maybe this is it.  i've noticed it after i've eaten things with green onions or bell peppers (i think) and one time after i had no unusual food at all (i don't think cheese-its can give you heartburn) but it's just so weird.  and it's super uncomfortable and hurts.  and sometimes it's gone by the next morning but a time or two it's lasted up to 24 hours!  and even stuff like cooked spinach and parsley or oregano or whatever sometimes do the same thing or even just make my mouth feel weird and tingly almost.  i hope this goes away eventually!  i am continually frustrated by how tired i am emotionally and how i am just not myself and i don't get excited to do even some of my very favorite things.  and when i get angry... i get really really angry!  at least for me it's really angry since normally it's pretty hard to get me worked up about stuff.  ugh, some days i feel just ton top of the world but other days i just wonder if i'll ever feel consistently happy again.  wish me luck!

4 comments:

EmmyLou said...

he didn't ask us to put in a wager. good thing, I don't think our dad is a liberal as his. I guess our winner will just have bragging rights. I don't think we're as competitive either!

Sara said...

I'm glad you had a lovely baby shower... and that you find clothes in the laundry room?

Jeff said...

Don't worry, Em. I'm going to win.

Anonymous said...

It all sounds so exciting and I cannot believe how CLOSE you're getting to LABOR!! AHHH! And yes, it does go away I promise. I am Mrs. Anit-socialand always feel the world is out to get me when I am pregnant LoL