Friday, May 13, 2011

and i own it all

we closed on our house today!!!

we're homeowners again!!!

i have a big giant mansion waiting for me in parker colorado!!!

when we were house hunting in colorado during spring break towards the end of march i fell in love with a house.  you're totally not supposed to do that if you want to get a good deal on a house.  but once i fell in love i didn't want a good deal on a house.  i just wanted THAT HOUSE.  i haaaaadddd to have it.  and i would have been heartbroken if my life had to go on without it.  so i only mentioned it to family and a few close friends.

well now that we own it, let me declare to the world, we have a house and i'm in love with it and in exactly one month, i get to live in it!!!

and it's about five times bigger than our current box apartment so i will be referring to our new house as my castle.  on my estate.

i feel like i just won the lottery and bought pemberley.  good thing i already have my mr. darcy.

*** lest you think i mean to brag relentlessly, i will assure you that is not my purpose at all.  i mean only to share my excitement and loudly proclaim my appreciation and gratitude for just one of my very abundant blessings. *** 


PARKER COLORADO, see you soon!

12 comments:

Sara said...

This post made me happy in so many ways. :)

Congratulations on getting the one you wanted! (I never really understand why people say stuff like, "You just have to be a don't-wanter. That's so dumb to me . . ."

Please post pictures of your house as soon as you have settled in!

Also, if I'm ever in Colorado, can I visit you in your new house?

For the Love of French said...

Can't wait to see pics, but in the meantime can you describe it to us?

Congrats!

Mary Mitchell said...

Yes. Yes. Yes!!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Wow! What a big deal - seriously! Congrats! Can't wait to see pics. You better post pics. Or else...

The Evans family reunion is in CO this year so hopefully we'll be able to stop by and say hi and hang out a bit!

Bryan and Carolyn Turnage said...

I would be happier with this post if the house were in Texas, next to my house. But whatever. Just remember that your next house must have a guest house...so we can live by you!

Amy and Jimmy Crain said...

Pictures, pictures!! Congrats!

Unknown said...

yay! congrats! i really really really want to see pictures! :)

Lydia said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!! CONGRATS!

Cherie said...

Congratulations!!! Oh that is so exciting. I know how exciting that is only because I can't wait for that day for us to come also. I am so happy for you guys and can't wait to see pictures of your new place! :)

Whitney said...

Yay for you guys! Parker is a great area. I really like Colorado. How exciting!

kara said...

What a great feeling that must be! Congratulations!

Lyndel said...

Congratulations! This is exciting stuff :) Your little one will love all the extra space to explore. So happy for you and Mr. Darcy :)