Saturday, May 4, 2013

it's five o'clock somewhere

and right here.

my watch stopped working at 5am on monday the 22nd.  let me tell you, when i woke up that morning, i was beyond confused.  it was light outside (i know the sun rises early but not THAT early!) and i felt rested, but my watch insisted i still had several more hours to sleep.  well, my phone insisted that my watch was wrong.  

i haven't had to get my watch battery fixed since we've lived here so i wasn't really sure where to go.  asking my mother in law, she said walmart will do it for just the price of the battery ($5) but that they'll tell you before hand that if it breaks, they can't fix it.  or i could take it to the mall (is there more of a pain in the butt place to go with two young kids?  i think not.  i avoid the mall at allllll costs).  

so it took forever to actually be at walmart AND remember to get my watch fixed but eventually it happened.  some ghetto cross between usher and snoop dogg tried to get my watch open but couldn't.  he didn't look very confident.  he even asked me to try and again repeated that he didn't want to break my watch since i didn't buy it at walmart and technically he wasn't allowed to work on it.  so i just said thanks and took my watch back.  i've had this thing for well over ten years... i'm not about to lose it now!

it's still 5 o'clock.

in the meantime, i kept wearing my broken watch.  when i got home that night, i gave the kids a bath and was drying my hands off when i noticed that my arm was buuuuurrrrrrrning.  like seriously felt like it was burning off.  when chris got home that night from being out of town i showed him my arm and commented that i had no idea where i could have picked up a rash like that.  so i took off my watch and went to sleep.

 

the next morning my rash was mostly gone and i put on my watch again when i was getting ready.  within an hour, it was burning again and the rash was creeping back.  i took off my watch and checked it out and... the walmart guy had scratched the back so now it had a pointy metal part sticking out that was leaving tiny cuts all over my arm any time i moved!  so then i took it off and kept it in my purse.

a day or two later we were out and i thought i'd drop my kohls to have their jeweler fix it.  luckily i called first because actually, they don't work on watches not purchased their either.  annoying.  so then another few days passed.  at home, i finally googled and read reviews for a few places in parker and ended up going to this off the beaten path little jeweler that had a tiny shop in an old home-converted-store.  he took the back off within seconds of me handing it over and had it fixed in less than three minutes.  i also asked if he would sand the back of it smooth again.  $10 later i finally had my watch back!

why do the simplest things sometimes turn out to be such an ordeal?!  after a few weeks of that, you better believe i haven't been taking my watch for granted since i got it fixed!  sooo glad it's only 5 o'clock twice a day.

No comments: