Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I might die

I have seen a whole lot of spiders in my house in the last week. Somehow my Christopher has not been home for a single one of them. Luckily, they've been small and on the floor (much easier than finding one on a lampshade) and although a few of them have been crazy fast and put up a good chase, I've been able to take care of them by myself. But after the one this afternoon (crawled out if Brady's shirt as I was getting him dressed!) I've just been crazy jump and on end. That incident happened after his morning nap and I just got him dressed and my mother in law came over for a while and then there wasn't much time until we headed to the pool for our yw pizza party and the. I hurried home and got the kids to bed before my friend came over for a movie night. We had an awesome time despite the tragically horrific movie we watched because shaylee is one of the easiest people to talk to. I love it.  But the movie ended and we were tired so she left and I started to close up shop. Putting things away, getting my glass of milk to keep on my nightstand, turning out the lights. I went to turn off Brady's monitor and I caught a glimpse of a huge you know what on the bottom of the curtains for our kitchen sliding door. My fingers instantly dialed my neighbor friend across the street. Her husband killed a big spider for me late one night when Chris was out of town. Several rings went by and she wasn't picking up and I realized it was almost midnight. WHOOPS. she's my friend but were probably not that close that it's okay to call at midnight. So I called shaylee. "How do you feel about spiders?"  Because I NEEEEEED you to turn your car around and come back to my house right now. I'm in a terrible full body sweat and I have goosebumps all over. Thankfully, she came to my rescue. I had a panicked moment where I thought "ohmygosh, what if it's just a moth and I'm paranoid and seeing things?!"  But it wasn't. And hallelujah that Shaylee took care of that guy. And then she said "umm, you might want to spray. I just got another smaller one too."

I. Might. Die. 

That was two hours ago and I'm still paranoid. Also dreading Brady waking up tonight because I never want to leave the safety of my bed ever again. Until tomorrow morning when I pack my kids in the car and we don't return home til I have my honey by my side. I know he works long hours and travels quite a bit, but statistically, I'm sure he should be home for more of these sightings. 

On a 100% unrelated note, I saw princess Kate leaving the hospital with the new little royal baby and I love that she looks fat and pregnant two days after having a baby. Just like the rest of us do. I don't mean that in a mean way. I mean it sincerely that I love that she wore an empire waist dress (it was adorable and I want it) and not some sort of something that would completely conceal her puffy belly. Way to keep it real!  It's about time people started to see that it's normal to look 8 months pregnant when you're two days not pregnant. Small and simple things make my day. 

Back to that spider issue though. Do you think it would be more cost effective to hire out someone to spray our house a few times a year or to just suck it up and get myself therapy for this? I'm not gonna lie, this is getting out of control and I don't like where it's headed.



1 comment:

Home of the Hackings said...

Hahahahahah!!!!!!! I'm glad I could come to your rescue! :)