Friday, July 19, 2013

My little world

Today was an ordinary but awesome day. My house is starting to look more like itself and the mess is getting under control. I didn't try to go anywhere which made for a relaxing day. Brady is so fun and self sufficient. He is a super fast eater and loves hanging out and just kicking it on the carpet. Abigail is hilarious and is quite the Chatty Cathy. Everything that could be said in fifteen words or less gets at least a 50 word explanation while I just watch and smile. Her verbal skills blow me away. She didn't talk that much while we were traveling (maybe because there was so much going on and so many unfamiliar faces?) and it's like she's just bursting at the seams now getting everything out. We played the piano together tonight and she played and sang right with me as I made my way through the hymn book. She always needed to know I the name if each song. When I played "as sisters in Zion" I was less than two measures in before she perked up and enthusiastically declared "I like this one!!!"  It made me laugh out loud. Everything she says just makes my day. She is so so fun to hang out with. My honey got home tonight at his usual time but Brady was taking an epic nap (the kind where I go up to make sure he is still breathing and hasn't died of SIDS) and so by the time he got up we decided to stay home. We all walked around the block a few times while baby girl ride her bike and just talked about work and travel plans and stuff in general. It was the epitome of summer evening perfection. We put the kids to bed and watched part of a movie. Life is really good. 

1 comment:

Lyndel said...

Love this little post. Your life is great :)