Wednesday, July 17, 2013

wind, wind, go away

my child is afraid of the wind.  when we're at home, the sound of the wind is so frightening that it strips baby girl of much of her independence.  which, sadly, is probably much more inconvenient for myself than for her.  let's all hope the wind goes away soon, okay?  in the mean time, if you are aware of any children's books/movies that would help my child combat her fear of the wind or make wind seem like something fun and friendly... i'm very open to suggestions on this subject.

also, i'm not a fan of packing.  or unpacking.  there are still suitcases and clothes needing to be put away.  from the trip that we returned from on saturday.  i mean the mess is in the majority of the rooms of our house.  don't worry though... i'm chipping away at it slowly but surely.  more slowly than surely though.

em, i forgot to mention it on the phone today but i still love my haircut.  if we lived closer i would trade my organizing skills for your haircuts!  also, here's that funny healthy eating kale article i mentioned.  you'll love it.  i thought it was hilarious.

brady's first experience (and second and third) with solid foods wasn't awesome.  pretty much, i fed him applesauce and he thought it was so disgusting that he gagged so hard i was worried he couldn't breathe.  well, after that initial getting used to things, he has gone to the other extreme and downs baby food like you wouldn't believe.  i was soooo dreading introducing baby food to him because the whole expensive jars of baby food smeared all over my child's face thing just wasn't appealing to me.  but i take that back because this is awesome.  abigail loves to feed brady and i love that when i feed brady, if i take too long between bites, he'll reach out his hand, grab the spoon, and pull it to help me get the food into his mouth.  and of course, it helps that his mouth is always open.

my favorite game with him?  "open your mouth if you love your mommy!!!"  and "open your mouth if you have a sweet sister!" and "open your mouth if you're ready to take a great nap!!!"  that mouth is always open.  never closes.  also, brady continues to laugh like it's his job and smiles whenever anyone makes eye contact with him.  he cried for 95% (and i wish i was exaggerating) of our FOUR HOUR flight home on saturday (still need to write that story... although i barely remember it because it was so long and painful and my brain has blocked out those 12 hours of my life) and yet, the lady across the aisle still giggled every time she caught the least bit of a smile from him.  i still occasionally call him my bipolar baby.  but he's still steadily moving towards the smiliest, happiest baby ever.

my words with friends skills are noticeably better than they were even just a month ago.  maybe next time i go home, i can challenge my dad to a game of scrabble and not lose so badly.  anyone up for a game?!

did anyone else see this adhd video?  one of my california friends (can't remember which one) posted it on facebook.  it's over ten minutes which i typically consider way too long for a youtube video but i watched it while i folded laundry and i'm glad i did.

i was talking to emmy today about my regrets from my trip.  biggest regret in atlanta was not planning/scheduling my time wisely.  i could have fit in a lot more time with friends and managed to see my old piano teacher and done a few projects with mom but my planning was just really poor.  and the beach?  not planning or thinking things through meant that when i left saturday morning, i was super sad about all the things i didn't get to do and the conversations i didn't get to have and the pictures i didn't take.  hold me to it, i'm going to make my next trip awesome like my previous trips have been.  i'm telling myself i was just a little off this time because it was my first with two kids and trying to figure out when to do stuff was tricky for me with a nursing baby and active toddler.  well, the toddler was easy but i still felt limited needing to be home for her nap, even if i had her skip it a lot so i could get out and do stuff.

anyways, that's my brain dump for tonight.  cross your fingers for nothing more than a light breeze tomorrow!

No comments: