Monday, April 10, 2017

Never pictures

I never take pictures anymore. My phone memory is full. I've been trying to transfer my pictures to my computer but my laptop won't recognize my phone. I'm not sure why. So I'm at a stalemate with my phone. So annoying. And even if I somehow delete 50 pictures and free up the tiniest amount of space, I can literally take one picture before it says it's full again. So I've given up for now. So frustrating with all the cute moments during the day or sweet little seconds in time that I know I'll forget since I didn't photograph it. So, there's my vent of the day and the preventative explanation to why this post has no pictures. 

I've liked Monday's for some time now. They treat me well. My house was mostly clean when I woke up and the morning went smoothly with all three kids! 

Elizabeth had a good speech therapy lesson this morning and I love that Brady is a part of it as much as I am because he learns so much from the therapist and works on it with Elizabeth throughout the week. Like he gets her practicing her P sounds when we're in the car. And this morning, he heard her say "off" when we were taking off her pjs shirt, so he ran to the light switch and proceeded to turn it on and off slowly while saying "on" and "off" to give her a visual. I was all "why have I never thought of that?!?! He is so, so good with her. The speech therapist was working this morning on giving Elizabeth time to make requests instead of just pointing or grunting. She kept laughing at how hard it was because Brady was so automatic at interpreting her wants and needs and instantly giving her everything. I was all "don't worry, he's the only one in the family that responds to her like that... The rest of us at least ask for a please!" 

So then I fed Elizabeth breakfast (I let her sleep in and by the time I finished getting her dressed and changing her diaper, the therapist was here) and we headed outside with Brady. Brady was so anxious to get riding his bike. He only balanced on it for an hour or two on Friday and did one or two times of pedaling down the street... And Saturday he grasped it for real and became totally comfortable with it... And today is the day I finally became comfortable about it and I don't get nervous about him crashing or something. He wanted to ride yesterday (it was his first request to me when he came to my room in the morning), but I told him it was Sunday and he needed to shower and get a suit on... So no riding on Sunday. Anyway, he's good. He still has a hard time going uphill, but I think he'll get better as he works those muscles more. Elizabeth pushed her doll stroller. Both of them took turns riding the tricycle. Brady played golf. He also took Elizabeth on an Easter egg hunt to collect all the scattered golf balls and put them in her stroller. I can't believe Easter is on Sunday. That snuck up on me. 

We went in around noon or so and made lunch. Scrambled eggs on biscuits. It was delish. I can't get enough scrambled eggs. Or just eggs in general. I think the kids went down for nap and quiet time between 1:30 and 2 and both slept until I woke them up at 4 and 4:30. I spent quiet time in bed working through pages and pages of registration papers for Brady for preschool this fall. I totally procrastinated that one. 

At 4:30, Elizabeth was in her crib, Abigail and Brady were both watching one episode of paw patrol, and I was snuggled in my bed with a bowl of lucky charms. That's when I remembered that Abigail had gotten off the wait list and was signed up for the art class at the library that was starting riiiight then ugh. I got us all to the library as fast as I could and while Abigail had missed the book/reading part, she had plenty of time for the art part and spent the next 45 minutes carefully finger painting two large pictures. Which I would show you, but, no memory. 

We got home by 6, the kids rode bikes for a bit, I made taco salads, and we all ate. The kids must have all been starving from not having eaten for six hours because dinner was like a never ending marathon and Chris could it believe it when we finished off the rest of our Costco bag of frozen corn and the kids were still begging for more. Elizabeth went on to also have cherry tomatoes, part of Abigail's leftover lunch sandwich, and a bowl of cereal. I mean, she missed part of book time upstairs because her dinner lasted so long. 

Chris and the kids watched some of the Rockies game after dinner and I loved that chris was explaining to them the rules of the game. Maybe eventually they'll stop calling everything a goal. The kids had a few blow ups and tantrums, but eventually everyone got to sleep. 

It was a good, good day. 


No comments: