Saturday, July 20, 2019

Summer time

Our summer morning routine:

Everyone sleeps in until their own body decides it’s time to wake up... usually sometime in the 8 o’clock hour. 
The kids, one by one... unless someone has brought Andrew down with them... come to climb in my bed with me. 
We all try to coexist peacefully on the three feet of bed closest to the door... heaven forbid should we take advantage of the whole bed. 
The kids all climb over each other and fight about cramped space, having enough covers, who kicked who, proximity to me, and how everything annoying that they’ve ever experienced was done by the other person on purpose. 
It’s all a grand old time that drives me insane on the daily and is just a fantastic way to start the day while simultaneously losing your will to live. 

But I won’t lie... I’m handing it much better than I used to and I alllllmost look forward to it now. Because I know it’s not going to be happening ten years from now and that might make me sad when the time comes. 

No comments: