Wednesday, October 14, 2009

warning: a lot of pictures of SF and airplanes

after church on sunday christopher suggested we go on a hike or something. --maybe you don't know this but i have a thing for outings and day trips and i think they're the coolest thing ever-- oh my goodness, you've never seen anyone so excited in their whole life. i was even more excited when chris changed his hike idea to a go to san francisco and watch the air show idea. so we quickly changed clothes and off we went!!!

who knew? not me.


with our trusty magyar (hungarian) speaking gps


and i especially love day trip outings to the city. when we were in provo my favorite saturday activity was to spend the whole day in salt lake going to temple square, the visitor center, out to eat, gateway mall, the imax museum theater thing, and visiting my aunt and chris's grandparents. i just liked the feel of being in the city. especially when the weather is a little crisp... but that's just an extra.


i love the hills in san francisco. the first time i came here was at the begining of my senior year of high school to visit my brother's mission (san francisco spanish speaking) and it was love at first sight. i love the long straight hilly streets. i think i even loved it before i experienced it. i used to be addicted to this car racing computer game when i was younger and my favorite "track" was the streets of san francisco... it looked just like this picture!


but the real reason for the trip was to watch the air show... it was pretty cool.


me and a plane. look real hard. it's the squiggle above my head.


i love the boats in the bay. and i just love boats. it just looks peaceful. and classic. i thank my dad for my fond feelings for sail boats like these.


multi-tasking planes and boats


red, white, and blue came out of the planes while they flew around to patriotic music.


some of the planes flew really really low. i wish we could have been on a boat! next time, next time.


even cooler to watch the planes against such a beautiful backdrop.


another low plane


and then they would fly in groups...




super close together...


and it looked like they were touching...


i got a call from dad, mom, and walter on speakerphone. it was more than a little difficult to communicate through all the loud noise (don't worry liza, my hearing is still fine, although i'm sure you'll tell me that irreversible damage has been done to my ear parts) so i had to follow up with some informative picture texts.


we had a blast. -- note: this is where any other blogger would write "thanks for the trip honey!" or something like that, but i don't bother. chris has never read our blog before ;-) --


sometimes i feel like he's my kid instead of my husband. i think that's how my mom feels about my dad too.


lombard street. it never gets old. i love it.


chinatown. again, it just doesn't get old.


city traffic. already old.

honest to goodness though, i don't even mind traffic. unless i'm late or in a hurry i really don't mind waiting. and if i'm completely honest, i kinda like traffic sometimes. it reminds me of home because, really, this is exactly what atlanta looks like.

sadly though, christopher hates it. hates it like nothing i've ever seen. he even despises yellow lights and red lights... even when he doesn't have to stop all the way. he's always in a hurry. even when he has no where to go. why else would he speed and run red lights for absolutely no reason at all? he's a strange one, he is.

so yes, look at this last picture and you now know christopher's very own personal version of hell. good thing he's so righteous.

hopefully he'll forget soon (not likely so cross your fingers) about the terrible traffic. because he swore to me eighty times over that it wasn't worth it and we were never doing this again. ;-(

i WILL get him to change his mind.

it was so worth it.

4 comments:

Bryan and Carolyn Turnage said...

So...for my 30th birthday (next Sepetember...and don't laugh cause you know I'm already planning it) we go to a big city to play...and I've decided I want to go to San Fran so I can play with you!!! And Bryan said that's totally cool...so if nothing else, we'll get Chris to go again next September!!!

Jeff said...

We went to the see the Blue Angels last year with Em and Cory in Vidalia. It was amazing! And your audiologist is worried about your "ear parts." Those planes are extremely loud.

Karen said...

Fun trip! I love living next to big cities. San Fran would be especially fun. It's great to see that you guys are doing well.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that ya'll are having so much fun out there and you are starting to really like it!! What a cool trip and great city!! Ugh jealous!!