Saturday, October 31, 2009

where was i? not blogging obviously

monday, we went out to eat at ray's, an on campus pub, with a bunch of people from our apartment building.  since it was an official activity, everyone's meal was covered by the activities budget!  i got a cardinal burger and it was delicious!  it was absolutely giant and it had all the good stuff including cheese, bacon, bbq sauce, and sauteed onions.  YUM!

tuesday, we went to a gsb small group dinner.  small group dinners are when a student (or in this case a student and his wife) sign up to host a dinner for ___ number of people at their house.  people sign up (normally six or eight) and then it ends up being a fun little dinner party, free for everyone involved (the host is reimbursed by the business school activities people), and a nice alternative to only meeting people at big parties where everyone is getting drunk and it's too loud to have a real conversation.

wednesday, was the sharks game.  of course.  obviously very fun.

thursday, i thought, was going to be very low key because i wanted to rest a little.  but i ended up getting off work a couple hours early and spent the next long while talking to mom and trying to search out a copy of my book club book at the main (and huge) library on campus.  and i spent the rest of the night doing who knows what that included my new favorite pasttime, writing my favorite missionary on dearelder.com,  and lots of eating.

friday, i got off work at TWO (the norm is around 6:15 or so) and didn't even know where to begin with my newfound afternoon of free time!  after making my mental list (i was going to write it down but kept getting distracted in my search for an adequate piece of paper) i took some time to relax, got a phone call from my wonderful sister eliza, started laundry, did some vacuuming, and made a batch of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. 



then i got a call from chris reminded me of a halloween themed LPF (social mix and mingle) put on by the gsb (graduate school of business) so i met him on campus at five and we had a lot of fun at that. while i was there, i was also blessed with a phone call from my loving father (i talked to my mom on the phone for over an hour yesterday, i talk to my sister emily every day, i almost never hear from my brother walter but mom guilted him in to calling me at work yesterday for a few minutes...) which probably set a record because i don't think i have ever talked to my entire family one-on-one, long distance, in the space of 24 hours.  it was fantastic and i am still marveling that it even happened. 


beautiful campus

 

after filling my purse with lots of delicious halloween candy, we headed home, got our laundry, hung out, and got christopher dressed up for the gsb halloween party.   while he was gone, it gave me perfect opportunity to fold laundry, finish vacuuming, clean the kitchen, do the dishes, clean the bathroom, and write a blog.  what a very productive day!  i feel so good about life right now!

so now it's saturday and i'm just enjoying this sleep in, stay in bed, and hang out sort of day.


ps- happy halloween!!!

2 comments:

Sara said...

I have been in bed for almost 24 hours straight.

That, my friend, is how I celebrate Halloween.

Jeff said...

You make me happy! Thanks for more great postings! Mom and I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies today. We must think alike.