Monday, October 19, 2009

the weekend without pictures

dear liza,

here is the post you requested. i made no promises for pictures or entertainment. just a blog.

love you lots,

CARRIE


what did we do this weekend?

friday, after work, christopher and i went to the womens soccer game against USC (chris and paige, i wish you could have been there with us!) which was lots of fun... and we won! christopher was more talkative than usual so that was a very special treat for me.

saturday, we slept in and had a lazy morning. i daydreamed (this is required for my sanity and helps with my add tendancies) and wrote in my love journal (more on that another time if you wish) and took my sweet time greeting the day. that lead to a more rushed time getting ready but oh well. i went to the church to help out with a luncheon for a music workshop lead by by craig jessop. i missed chris's flag football game (again) but i think it was worth it to help out and it was good because i made a number of new friends. it put me in a fantastic mood for the rest of the day. i went to do my grocery shopping since i no longer have time to do that during the week (here's to being employed!) and picked up a number of things from milk pail (more about that later) and wal mart (the worst walmart ever ever ever). i almost have a breakdown every time i go to wal mart because it is just that bad. this time i called emmy for emotional support and she helped me finish my shopping and get to the register. the shopping trip took a total of two hours. way too long, but sadly, it's become the norm. christopher wanted to go to the stanford theater in downtown palo alto where they show old movies. we were going to see some like it hot when the cashier pointed out that if we'd come earlier we could have gotten the double feature for the same price. we decided to do that instead... so we'll plan on that for another night. in lieu of the movie we walked around downtown which was lots of fun. i always enjoy that.

man, this sure is a boring post.

sunday, we almost slept through church! luckily we woke up just as it was starting so we weren't too late. still anxious to get callings. after church we went to the GSB (graduate school of business) global fiesta which ended up being the highlight of my weekend. it was so cool. there were tons of tables set up with food from a lot of the different countries represented in the GSB. the students are so diverse and everyone is eager to learn more about everyone else. france had quiche and cheeses. brazil had the most amazing chocolates handmade by chris's friend sergio. two of the turkish girls from chris's class made food for and manned the turkey table. the columbian table had candies and coffee. the nigera table was grilling kababs, greece and egypt had gyros, a number of the tables had various types of teas and wines and one table had a hookah (with who knows what)... we didn't try any of those things but it was fun to hear what other people had to say about them. i left my purse at home so it wouldn't get in the way of my eating. smart move although i'm still sad not to have any pictures of the event because honestly, it was unbelieveable. some tables had music. the china table dressed you up in clothes and took your picture and printed it out for you while you were there. everyone was wearing clothes representing their country. the japan table was dressed up in japanimation costumes which was absolutely hilarious. the girls dressed up at the poland table just looked like a collection of lifesize national barbie or something. at the end, a bunch of students performed the bollywood dance and then everyone else joined in. seriously, the whole thing is nuts. i can't even describe it. and all of the food was phenomenal. i don't think i tried anything i didn't like. so then i came home and fell asleep and did some laundry and called it a day. but the food. the food was the highlight.

i pity whoever is reading this. i practically put myself to sleep!

5 comments:

Sara said...

I'm not sure if you have other problems with WalMart that I don't know about, but I just wanted to let you know that WalMart makes me want to cry, too. Mostly because I hate it. A lot.

P.S. I love that I'm on your blogroll as "Lisa's Sara"!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

That sounds like an awesome weekend. We wish we coulda been there too :) Who won the soccer game?

Unknown said...

Dave always appreciates when I'm in a talkative mood too. Don't know why. I always say whatever's worth saying. hmmm.

Bryan and Carolyn Turnage said...

I love your posts!

Jeff said...

Not boring in any way. It was perfect! Just what I wanted! Thank you. More of the same kind of posts are great. Pictures are just a bonus. I love you. -Eliza