Wednesday, November 18, 2009

the best early birthday ever

k, so today really didn't feel like my birthday today.  probably because it wasn't.

but due to a wedding and travel plans, this happened to be the only night that christopher and i had available to celebrate.  so we did.  it was glorious.  absolutely perfect.




i opened my TWO presents from christopher.  TWO new little buildings for my [soon to be ginormous] christmas village.  don't ask why i'm obsessed with having one.  i blame it on the christmas room at calabash.  i salivate over it every year when we go there during our beach trip to ocean isle.  they have the most incredible christmas village you've ever (or never) seen.  anyways, i got a country home and a toy shop.  the toy shop is the best.



 

then we went out to eat at chili's, a birthday favorite.  this might have been my most favorite chili's experience EVER!  our waitress was incredible, our food was out fast, everything was absolutely delectable, and they sang happy birthday to me and gave us a free chocolate molten cake!  but really we went there because i was really craving steak (but not wanting to go to an expensive steakhouse) and that turned out to be a good decision!  maybe it was just the "fast sunday effect" (y'know, where if you're THAT hungry, any old thing will taste absolutely delicious) or maybe it really was the most exquisite steak that was ever born.  i can not even describe how juicy and flavorful it was.  and the rest of my meal was wonderful too.  and my conversation with christopher was just so fun and entertaining and everything was just perfect.

anyways, i was totally on a birthday high when we got home and i was pumped to open up my present/special-request-carepackage from mom.  it did not disappoint!!!




 everything i'd ever hoped for and more!!!  homemade salsa, homemade granola, a variety of store bought chocolates including my favorite lindt truffles, much needed deluxe lotion, and some coupons for good measure.

but best of all....



yes, that's it.  i'm holding my very own copy of the REAL pride and prejudice on the two most beautiful dvds ever.  i have waited my whole life for this moment!!!  side note-- chris let out an audible groan when he saw this.  he was MUCH more excited about the birthday salsa and chocolates!

so if i'm ever not blogging.  it might be because i've lost myself in another, higher, world.

it hasn't even happened yet, but i gotta say, 24 is looking REAL good!

7 comments:

Jeff said...

Happy early birthday celebrations Carebear! My favorite birthday of yours was when I was in SL for Liz's wedding and you and Walter came to the condo to meet me.

I love that lotion too. It's wonderful. And I am still waiting for MY DVD of Pride and Prejudice. I've had the conversation with Mom about 10 times and she's always shocked that she has not given it to me yet. Do you hear me Mom? Christmas is coming soon.

Sara said...

Mmmm... BBC Pride and Prejudice. Your mom loves you. You can be sure.

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Happy birthday Carrie! Sounds like you had the perfect day. I too love that Pride and Prejudice - it's my "go to" movie when I'm sick cuz I can sit and watch the whole thing and not feel guilty :)

Karen said...

Well Happy Birthday!!! I"m glad you had such a fun night. that is what a birthday is all about. The homemade salsa sounds so good!!!!

Tess said...

This is random, but I thought I'd say hi. I saw your blog on Sarah Franz's blog and stopped by; Chris and I went to high school together. It's nice to see you two are doing well in California! I love Christmas villages! And I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I've never seen the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. Love the book though!

Anonymous said...

NICE!! I love the attention I get on my birthday haha I LOVE your Christmas village stuff!! I wish I wish!! Happy almost Birthday!! We love you guys! Have a wonderful holiday!! Are you going to being Colorado for Thanksgiving maybe?? We will be there next week!! We might be calling you guys if you're there..

Mary Mitchell said...

Bah. I have that copy of Pride and Prejudice on BLU-RAY. Your copy is so dated.

On a more serious note - I've never actually watched it, so party at my house!