Sunday, June 6, 2010

35 weeks

How far along: 35 weeks  (6.5.10)
Total weight gain/loss: + 22 lbs
Maternity clothes?: thank goodness the weather warmed up so i could wear skirts and be comfortable!  i think i feel cuter in jeans but they're just getting to be such a pain that it's not worth it to me.  i think pretty soon i'm gonna give up trying to be cute and maybe just live in grungy yoga pants for the last few weeks.  all in favor?  yes, that would be me.
Stretch marks?: these things are hotter than hotcakes.  i felt comfort from my friend megan leaving a blog comment about how her doctor told her she should sue her daughter for the damage she did.  i should probably sue my daughter too.  it's really weird how my left side stretch marks look so insanely different than those on the right side.  left side they are defined and confined.  on the right side they are more like confetti and they're spreading fast!  they keep getting father and father towards my belly!  i'm pretty sure ever inch of me is going to be covered in them.  oh well, they fade right?  it's not like i don't already have plenty of faded stretch marks that i never ever notice.
Sleep: still sleeping on my back.  i'm sure i've already said it but i'm kind of excited to be able to spoon again when my belly isn't so big.  i guess i can be the little spoon but it still means painful sleeping on my side.  i'm just a natural spooner... so of course it's hard for me to just lay on my back on my own side of the bed.  i mean, everyone from girls camp and sleepovers knows that i'm a spooning magnet for anyone within ten feet of me!  but really sleep has been pretty good.  it's getting hot here so i have to sleep with the screen door/window open which means the birds wake me up at 4 or 5 but i can normally just close the door and go back to sleep.  my bladder isn't waking me up at least.  although a lot of times i'm just so thirsty i have to get up to drink a glass or two of milk.  and sometimes my dreams are so stressful that i somehow make myself wake up from them and then it takes a minute or two to go back to sleep.  wow, i sound like such a complainer!  just trying to document it all!  who knows if i'll be loving pregnancy this much the second time around?!?!
Best moment this week: having the new nanny with me at work.  what a luxury to tag team it. 
Movement: same as last week really.  i have an appointment on friday so i'm going to ask my doctor about it and if it's indicative of certain positioning or whatever.
Food cravings:  skim milk... i am so thirsty beyond belief!  i can drink glass after glass after glass of milk.  even when i try to really ration it, i'll still drink at least a gallon in a day!  last night chris and i were at the movie theater last night and i had such a craving for a white cherry icee!  it was $5.50 for 32 ounces and i almost justified buying it!  even though i'm so strictly opposed to buying anything at the movie theater and that it was like five times as much as it would have cost at the gas station.  anyways, i made myself walk away and by the end of the movie i wasn't craving it anymore so we didn't even have to stop on the way home to get me one!  but man oh man was it hard to walk away!
Gender: GIRL!!!  i keep thinking how weird it would be to have a boy when i'm so mentally prepared for a girl.  ha.
What I miss:  nothing really.  maybe just being able to fit through smaller spaces.  i keep trying to squeeze between people in a crowd or chairs that haven't been pushed in or in between cars in a parking lot.  normally you just suck in your stomach and fit through.  now i suck in my stomach (out of habit.  i know it barely gets smaller when i do) and i get stuck.  and then i have to walk around.  it's so weird.  i still have a skinny person mentality.  it's just really funny.
Milestones: FIVE weeks to go!!!!
Theme: the week of being so insanely tired in every inch of my body. 
Extra:  thank goodness i wasn't as uncomfortable this week as i was last week.  last week when i was feeling uncomfortable i was worried it would stick around and get worse until the end of my pregnancy but this week was much better again.  i'm glad it warmed up so i could wear skirts and be more comfortable but oh my goodness... the heat has zapped what tiny bit of energy i had...  my energy is non existent.  i did building cleanup yesterday morning and it complete wore me out.  like for the whole rest of the day.  i even had to sit down and rest part way through because i was so tired and getting lightheaded.  funny story... chris posted on his facebook status something about the five week countdown.  i saw it and was confused a few hours later when he asked me how many weeks along i was.  i just chuckled and was like "well you already know that."  and then he insisted that he didn't.  he goes "i don't know how many weeks you are, just how many we have left."  ha, so i asked him how many he thought i was.  he guessed 40.  ha.  he thought pregnancy was 45 weeks!  i thought it was hilarious.  now he's singing to our baby.  she's dancing to rock around the clock right now.  ;-)  what a great dad.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

I can't believe you are so close! Crazy! Do you guys already have a name picked out?

Sara said...

I can't believe you only have 5 weeks left!

I'm glad you're able to wear some skirts and that you're not feeling so uncomfortable.

And I'm sure you'll get to be the little spoon again so soon.

Unknown said...

:) remember that one time when we all spooned for a nap on your very comfortable twin bed with that lovely down pillow top?
I woke up to stupid robins tweeting this morning at 4am too! unfortunately one of our windows is so high i had to wake dave up to close it haha

OMGmom said...

22 pounds??? Are you serious?? So jealous. you are super cute!