Saturday, June 26, 2010

38 weeks

How far along: 38 weeks  (6.26.10)
Total weight gain/loss: + 24 lbs
Maternity clothes?: i swear one of these days i'm going to come to work dressed in a sheet or something.  i get excited that i only have a few more weeks of trying to dress this thing!
Stretch marks?: the ones around my belly button are definitely getting worse...
Sleep: sleep is still good.  my hips ache if i'm on my side too long.  i wonder if these dreams will stick around after the kid gets here...
Best moment this week: going shopping thursday night with my honey.  we picked up a bunch of random baby things we still needed.  makes things seem more real. 
Movement: i love feeling her wiggle all day.  and i love that she soothes me to sleep with her squirms at night.  i think i'll miss not having her wiggles to "rock" me to sleep at night...
Food cravings:  rice krispie treats.... holy cow i could eat a whole pan in one sitting.... no problem.
Gender: GIRL!!!  i hope she's a girly girl.  i probably won't be so lucky though... and i'll try to love her anyways...  ;-)
What I miss:  being able to touch my belly.  now with it itching so bad it's just too risky.
Milestones: reaching the "it could be any day now..." stage.  even though we know this kid isn't coming two weeks early!
Theme: the week of oh my goodness my belly DID find a way to itch even worse!
Extra:  my belly itches something severe.  sometimes huge itch waves will come on... so huge i can't even describe it.  and the only thing that stops it is to get something big (or multiple items) and ice my belly.  directly on the skin because the freeze is the only thing stronger than the itching.  and after five minutes of icing i'm okay, as long as i am careful not to trigger things again.  thank goodness for naps at work.  it's impossible to stay awake through nap time unless i'm walking around and goodness knows i'd rather be reclined!  my doctor's appointment yesterday was uneventful and routine... just the way we like them!  still at a 1, but more effaced.  measuring correctly so she's guessing i won't have a giant of a baby.  she said weight gain is good, even though i'm still packing on pounds and i thought it was supposed to plateau by now.  and she said baby isn't super low but she's low enough that she won't move out of her head down position.  wohoo.  last week i forgot to mention the sciatic pain i've been experiencing on my left side.  it varies from day to day but was getting alot worse for a day or two and monday it was really bad in the morning and had me pretty worried that it would get in the way of me continuing working.  but luckily i haven't really felt it since tuesday or wednesday.  we've been living in our two bedroom apartment for a week now and we're loving it.  it's nice having a bedroom for her even though it's an absolute wreck.  haha, i'll have to take pictures of our "nursery" to document it's condition two weeks before our kid is due.  ;-)

1 comment:

Sara said...

Rice Krispie Treats are one of the finest concoctions known to modern civilization.

When a plate is put in front of me, I will hoover the entire thing and not even feel badly about it.

I commend your baby for wanting tasty marshmallow treats.