Tuesday, March 22, 2011

what's wrong in this picture?

saturday night, the first time baby crawled
can someone please help me out and tell me what's wrong with my baby's face? she developped this splotchy rash on her face on friday night/saturday morning and my christopher and i assumed it was just a reaction to the sunscreen we'd been putting on her all week. or maybe even something i ate since we were eating out all week.

but it's tuesday and it hasn't gone away.

her whole face got suuuuuper super dry and crusty, especially where it was splotchy, so i've put aquaphor and/or frangrance free special lotion on her face. finally, this morning the parts around her eyes looked a lot better but the part around her mouth looks worse. raw almost from the dry skin.

so does anyone have any ideas about what this is? should i just give it a few more days?

8 comments:

Cherie said...

That looks so sad! I wish I had any clue how to help you on that one. I hope she feels better soon and hooray for crawling baby girl! :)

Sara said...

That definitely looks like an allergy to me . . . You should take her to the doctor!

Unknown said...

it looks like hives. did you try her on a new food? any children's antihistamine should help. this is from my professional opinion of course. ;)

For the Love of French said...

hand and foot? That is something babies or kids get that has a rash...don't remember much about it, but my brother got it once.

ok said...

I think it's cause she's mad she hasn't met me yet.

(Just kidding.. poor sweet girl. Hope she feels better VERY soon!)

ok said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cherie (and sometimes Senor) said...

Yep, Sawa Snow should be a doc, it definitely looks like an allergic reaction...you've started her on solids, right? Anything new there? Probably should take her to her pediatrician, esp since she's been so fussy. Something's up.

Karen said...

Carrie - What kind of sunscreen did you use? I've got a really bad allergy to sunscreen, and there are only certain kinds that I can use. I get the same reaction on my face/skin if I use regular sunscreen. A few days after I use it, my skin gets super dry and flaky. Call me later and we can discuss. I'd be more than happy to help!