Monday, March 28, 2011

a quick update

we are back home!  just got in tonight and although i'm excited to sleep in my own bed, i'm mostly excited for baby girl to sleep in her own bed.  let's cross our fingers tonight will be better than what we've been having these last two weeks!

baby's face rash thing cleared up after several days of diligently smothering her with aquaphor.  not that she wasn't pretty before, but she looks much less abused now and i like that.

the house hunt was very successful.  i want to be a realtor because those four days of looking at house after house after house.  HEAVEN.  we didn't find "the one" but we found several that we would be really really really happy with.  one of the houses i'm lusting after has a main floor master.  would anyone care to give their two cents about what they think about having small kids upstairs and having a main floor master bedroom?  am i going to be falling down the stairs after a groggy midnight feeding?  i just want to hear some opinions... even though it probably won't sway me.  ; )

i woke up to snow this morning but in true colorado fashion, it was melted and gorgeous by noon.

the INSANE fussiness of last week is mostly all over i think.  saturday it started getting better (my mother in law said "oh my goodness!  did you know your baby can smile?!?!") and sunday was even better and today i think was almost back to normal.  i'm positive it's teething.

tomorrow, my goal is to tackle everything to get things into a livable condition again.  dishes in the sink and suitcases of dirty laundry are going to drive me nuts real fast.  i'm so excited to be back home and not living out of a suitcase.  two weeks with a baby is a long time time to do that.

i need to childproof.  the extent of my childproofing has been relocating the bleach spray bottle from the bathroom floor to on top of the toilet.  from an interior designer standpoint the purpose is definitely two fold in that it also really enhances the bathroom decor.

oh, anyone want to recommend a good baby gate for the stairs?  give me the amazon link if you have one you love.

4 comments:

Mary Mitchell said...

I wouldn't even LOOK at houses with the master on the main. Okay ... well now I own a house with the master on the "main" ... but that's because I only have a main floor. I cannot imagine going up and down the stairs to feed a baby. Mary still wakes up in the middle of the night sometimes after a bad dream or a trip to the potty or what not and she needs to be tucked back in. I like being right next to my babies, easy easy. Think about having sick kids through the middle of the night and going up and down those stairs ... not fun. I will still love your house if you pick the one with the master on the main, but I will have ZERO sympathy when you don't like it.

Unknown said...

We got this one for when my niece was visiting. We got it because it was currently $14, and with amazon mom free shipping, there wasn't another that could beat that price. my only beef with it is that when you unlock it, it's a little difficult to slide smaller, so it's a struggle to take down. When we have it up, we just step over it. http://www.amazon.com/North-States-Supergate-Top-Notch-Gate/dp/B0002JETNS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1301430679&sr=8-2
As for the separate floor thing for baby...I'd think that it'd be a bit of a pain to go up and down the stairs, but if they all sleep like baby girl, then you won't have to worry about that very often, right?

For the Love of French said...

When I was planning on building our home I wanted to have a master on the main floor and top floor, because when I got older who knows if I could handle the stairs. So we could have us on the top floor while we were young. And when we were old and grey we could be on the main floor.

Lydia said...

I am a paranoid mom and don't know what i think about a main floor bedroom, cons and pros of both I suppose,although I really have none to offer haha Brett and i are drooling over the fact that you are getting your own home in Colorado. Just make sure there is a house available close by in about 6 or 7 yrs for Brett and I too move into...Oh how awesome it would be!!