Sunday, July 24, 2011

i'm a born leader

ha, that's a lie.  i am a born follower.  i'm a born team player.  apparently my ward is doing this thing where they're calling everyone to callings far outside of their comfort zone.  so i was a little nervous about what my calling would be.  a member of the bishopric asked me if i had any music experience.  i told him i used to play piano but haven't since high school.  "no worries, it has no bearing on your calling."  and then "we'd like for you to be the ward music coordinator and chorister."  i think that was my favorite part.  that he straight up told me that even if i had absolutely zero music experience, i would still have been extended the call.  it gave me greater confidence to accept it.  

so today was my first day on the job and i gotta admit it.  i did a really great job.  probably a 98% since i didn't screw up at all but there was still room for improvement.  even though it seemed like a pretty solo calling at first i'm realizing it is totally not with all of the people i coordinate with and practice with.  so it's helping me meet even more people and i'm loving it.


so that's my story and i'm stickin' to it.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

way to go! we haven't gotten our callings yet (we've had to give talks, but no callings, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!)

For the Love of French said...

yay for callings!!! James still doesn't have a calling and we have been in the ward since September, besides the one month we were both scout leaders before they kicked us out.

Unknown said...

woohoo! i finally got a calling again (released from primary last september). i'm the compassionate service leader. means i have to call a lot of people, i'm sure of it. aaaahhhh! trade you?