Saturday, October 4, 2014

Long Friday

Friday morning, I actually slept in til 8:15 or 8:30 or something!  It was wonderful!  I've been waking up this week at 6:40 and haven't been able to go back to sleep. But Friday I woke up at 6:40, and next thing I knew, two hours had passed!  What a wonderful surprise!

The kids and I leisurely are breakfast and got ready and then headed out. We stopped by kaiser for a minute and then went to pick Nate up from school to take him to the airport. John met us in the parking lot to bring us Nate's wallet that he's forgotten and I realized that I'd left Nate's boarding pass at home! Really sad because Chris spent an extra thirty minutes last night driving to the office to pick it up and I'd been so worried I'd forget it so I immediately walked out to the garage and put it on the front seat of my car. What I hadn't counted on was going to the church Thursday night to do visiting teaching stuff. So those papers got set down onto obit Nate's boarding pass and then all shuffled with them... ending up on our kitchen counter. Whoooops. Nate just laughed about it. I'm glad he didn't mind having to reprint it at a kiosk. We talked hockey the whole way to the airport. Real hockey and our fantasy teams (since we're both in Chris's fantasy hockey league). I don't get a lot of one on one time like that with Nate. It was a lot of fun. 

After Nate was safely delivered to the airport, the kids and I drove the 45 or so minutes to the airport to hit up the distribution center. The kids were delighted, as always, with the fountain. 


That morning, I'd posted on our ward fb page that I was looking for a jogging stroller to borrow for Saturday and the first reply was from a friend of mine who said that her mom had one I could borrow and it was sitting on her front porch so I was welcome to swing by anytime. The downside was that she lives in highlands ranch. The upside was that it was like three minutes away from the temple. Perfect!  And it was a double which was a welcome surprise since I said single or double would work. After using google maps so much, my phone was at 4% and about to die, but luckily I made it home without it dying. And without getting lost. 

At that point, I'd been dragging the kids around for almost four hours and they were anxious to just play. So when we got home, I didn't try to feed them and brady had already napped in his car seat on the way to the airport, and I just let them play. They were in heaven. Doing who knows what in the play room while I hung out downstairs. It completely melts my heart how well they play together. And that baby girl has clued into the fact that I always put Brady down for nap after we get home from preschool or the library or morning errands or whatever it is. She's always like "Noooo!!!  Don't put him down for nap! I just want to play with him!" So when we got close to home she was all "Does Brady have to go to sleep when we get home? He already napped..."  It was precious. Anyways, they were happily playing upstairs for a nice, good chunk of time without any help from me. 

Eventually we went to Walmart. We only got the staples (French bread, bananas, milk, diapers on sale) but it took us forever. I have no idea how it took so long. But that always seems to be the case. 


When we got home, honey was just finishing cleaning out disaster of a kitchen. I mean, it was t r a a h e d. Dirty dishes all over, papers, food containers, shoes and food all over the floor, and even some toys and books for good measure.  But when we walked in the door, it was perfect. Everything put away, wiped down, swept up... And the subs of the dishwasher running. I love that sound! Honey fed the kids while I put groceries away and cleaned up Abigail's bedroom (and then had a talk with her about keeping her room tidy since she's been slacking, although I felt very hypocritical, and with good reason. Ha) and then we put both of the kids to bed and watched some utopia and the byu game and went to bed for our first night this season with our electric blanket. It was amazing!!!

The day seemed forever long, but in a good way. And it was a great start to our weekend! 

No comments: