Wednesday, December 6, 2017

the red pants dress rehearsal

I let Elizabeth ride in Abigail's carseat on the way home from the gym.  she thought it was amazing.  

I time all of Brady's reading lessons.  because I'm weird.  I even sometimes pretty the lap button with each section.  right now all the sections are to read the words, read the words again, read the story, and then read the story again while answered comprehension questions.  I think this lesson was something like 3 minutes, 1 minute, 8 minutes, and 7.5 minutes.  the various parts of the lesson vary but we were almost right at 20 minutes!  I will say though that I've started doing tickle breaks in the middle of the lesson which helps Brady stay engaged and motivated and I pause the timer while we do our tickle breaks.  but the actual learning part of the lesson was 20 minutes.

I'm not sure if it's because it's just her nature or if it's because she's watched and learned from Brady, but Elizabeth is starting to be sooooo cute with Andrew.  even the way she says his name is adorable. she's kind of a punk (like giving him a binky and then taking it away again once he's stopped fussing) but it's just really fun to watch.

when he's not being neglected, Andrew is just the happiest kid.

I started stressing about what I would wear to the hospital board holiday party.  I had an idea in my mind (pretty much the only option I could come up with from my closet) and was curious if it was weird (so out of my comfort zone) or if it was something other people would wear.  what would we do without google?



these brothers have a strong bond already.

I love that Andrew looks like he's doing a gangster pose.

have I mentioned before how Chris gets jealous that when he and Brady and Andrew are all together, Andrew mostly just looks at Brady and not really at Chris?  I told him it was nothing to be offended about, just that Andrew probably preferred Brady and thinks that's his father since he's always around.  ; )  my honey loves me.

don't mind this kid.  just doing his hair before heading up for bed.

also, this is his hockey outfit.  he literally wears it for every moment we are at home... even while sleeping.  I thought for sure it would taper off after he got tired of the long undressing/redressing process involved in going to the bathroom... but nope.  going strong still.  Abigail wore princess dresses, Brady made up a hockey uniform.

I texted weed and asked if she would help me with my outfit.  luckily she was an enthusiastic yes.  jacket was a gift from aunt libby, shoes from target, pants inherited from grandmother.  thanks, granny!

and because I love before and after pictures...  just kidding.  kinda.





I considered this black clutch.

until I realized that the teeth marks would be super visible if I set this on a table.

enter Chinese wallet!  I really just needed it to fit my phone and lip gloss so it was the perfect size.  mother... do you remember where grandma got this?  I was sure I'd remember but of course I've forgotten.

and my completed outfit.  since the clutch is from grandma and the black shirt I wore under the blazer was actually purchased for me by my mother... I felt very well dressed by the strong and giving women in my life.  still an outfit totally out of my comfort zone, but I felt special getting to wear and use these items from some of my favorite people.

and that concluded my dress rehearsal.

No comments: