Thursday, January 14, 2010

denial

we went to georgia for christmas break.  it was absolute heaven.  coming back to work was a major adjustment but the days are getting easier as time goes by.  today i thought i was all better until i looked at my suitcase.  still in the exact spot that i left it when i dropped it in front of my closet the night of 1.3.10 and although it's been open and rummaged through, it has not been properly unpacked and put away.  over the last ten days i have cleaned the entire apartment but the suitcase is still there.

i wish i could say this was the first time it's taken me this long to unpack after a good trip. 

instead, i think i'm beginning to judge the wonderfulness of my vacations based on how long it takes me to unpack my suitcase.

hmm this turned out to be a bit of a downer.  don't take it that way.  i've had the most amazing past 24 hours filled with tons of fun and adventure and i couldn't love life more. 

just happened to be thinking about my suitcase at the moment.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha my suitcase is still sitting on my floor from our vacation to new mexico too. i don't think it's as much from denial as from avoidance of the big task of going through it. oddly enough more clothes seem to be piling up in it. haha.

Jeff said...

It was a great vacation. I think the suitcase should stay where it is a little longer.

EmmyLou said...

My suitcase is still packed and on the floor. Oh wait. I'm still on vacation. Still living out of a suitcase. Not sure when it will end.