Thursday, January 7, 2010

a little scattered

today i was severely bothered because i did not know the correct grammar for a sentence i wanted to write.  use to or used to?  tried to look it up but didn't know a good site.  i hate when google can't solve all of my problems.

my skin is so itchy i think i might die.  i want to swim in a pool of vaseline and never come out.  i also wish i could apply lotion without christopher keeping a five foot distance for the following twenty four hours.

today i may or may not have shed tears while eating goldfish.  why?  i actually enjoyed eating them and was just so overwhelmed with gratitude and happiness about it.  ha.  i was glad not to have had an audience.

i did a million and one dishes tonight.  i think it was the first time i've done dishes in about six weeks.

my mom called me tonight at 10:45pm her time.  why?  it was the only time we were both available.  oh how loved i feel!  mother, if you read this i would tell you thanks for making me a priority and for calling instead of waiting for me to call you.  it's made me feel so special tonight.

i wish i wasn't hungry right now.  sometimes filling the bottomless pit is just exhausting... and unpleasant.

so happy tomorrow is friday.  this has been the longest week ever at work.  today, not so bad.  monday tuesday wednesday?  might as well have been an eternity.

tonight christopher came home from school and gave me a quick hug and a kiss.  then he told me he needed some time because he had some things he had to do.  he promptly got out his laptop and i decided to wait patiently until he was done.  when i recognized the texas game he was watching i gave up and left the room.  i tried to act annoyed but really i was just amused.  still am.  i should probably be offended about this.

i hear bedtime coming!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hi! you are a little scattered. ;) hey, the other day you called, and i was in a meeting or something, and i never called back! i'm such a horrid friend. :( ps: the word verification is mallo, as in marsh-

Marianne said...

oh, how I love you, Carrie! Welcome to pregnancy..isn't it great! And if you haven't already-you will soon be forgetting all that stuff and everything else that happened like 3 mintues ago. I had such a bad case of preggo-brain; I was scattered all the time!

Anonymous said...

Haha and so the journey begins!! I love you lots to, You guys are going to have so much fun!!

Bryan and Carolyn Turnage said...

I miss your scatteredness in my daily life. :( It was so fun to chat the other day. Wish we chat on my couch instead of the phone, but I'll take what I can get! I love you!!!

Karen said...

Those symptoms sound all too familiar! I'll go along with everyone else and say congrats on being pregnant! And yes this one is as glorious as the first even with all the throwing up, migraines, and being too tired to move! Every time I grow a human being it will be exciting to me.

Sara said...

Did you figure out your grammar dilemma?? That would make me itchy, too. Although I suppose the dry air does that as well.

Wait, you're pregnant??? Okay, that would've made a good blog post, Carrie.

Congratulations! How far along?