Saturday, March 13, 2010

23 weeks

How far along: 23 weeks  (3.13.10)
Total weight gain/loss: + 14 lbs.  crap.
Maternity clothes?: not yet.  but got a few things from cami in the ward.  people are just so nice lending their clothes!
Stretch marks?: still the same ones.
Sleep: not as great this week.  mostly due to my severe cold congestion.  but if i prop up enough pillows i can get away with sleeping on my back AND not getting too stuffed up!
Best moment this week: SEEING my belly move when baby moves! 
Movement: i'm feeling her move throughout the day, but not when i'm moving around.  but this week things have definitely become more clear.  strong kicks, rolls, punches, etc.  it's soooo exciting!
Food cravings:  whatever i think will fill me up.  banana sandwiches have been really good this week...
Gender: GIRL!!!
What I miss:  my shirts fitting over my belly.  not being gus gus 24/7.
Milestones: still gotta say the biggest thing is seeing/feeling movement from the outside of my belly.
Theme: the week of lots of movement and being HUGE.
Extra:  got several strangers congratulating me or asking when i'm due.  it is very obvious these days.  maybe a little too obvious even?!?!  chris felt our kid move a couple times this week.  he can only feel the bigger kicks so half the time i'm telling him to keep his hand there he's telling me that i'm just making things up and nothing's going on.  on another [not so] funny note with my sweet husband, he can't stop loving the fat jokes.  just yesterday he made maybe one of my favorite yet.  i was wearing a shirt that has two small holes at the bottom that came from rubbing against my belt too much.  when he saw me he exclaimed "oh no!  you're so fat you ripped your shirt!!!"  i was half way through explaining the real reason behind the holes when i busted up laughing and tried to reprimand him for being insensitive.  it really was hilarious.  finally emailed my doctor this week about how i can't seem to get full and even though i'm exercising and eating pretty well i'm still gaining weight like crazy.  she basically said "yikes, you're right, watch your carbs and i'll see you at your appointment next week."  i love my doctor but i mean, that was the most unhelpful advice ever.  i'm going to be as big as a mountain by the time this kid comes out.  good thing she won't be able to talk yet and will be incapable of making fat jokes at me like her precious father.  can't believe our kid weighs about a pound and is almost a foot long.  when i first found out we were pregnant i was always hoping our kid would make it to be 5 weeks or 6 weeks, or 1 gram (normally week 8) or 1/2 an inch.  all of those things i thought were so HUGE and such a big deal!  i can't believe our kid did it all and is now 23 weeks and like 500 grams!  all the time i think to myself "wow, i can't believe it's finally me.  it's finally happening.  it's really here!"  it leaves me speechless. 

No comments: