Sunday, March 14, 2010

soft skin, veggies, and being stuck in the past

here are a few short stories for you.      short stories = stories without a point

soft skin
i'll prep you... this will sound wrong.

i like being touched.  it just feels good.  touch my hair, my arms, my back, whatever.  so i tell chris to touch me.  normally it's the really soft finger rub that tickles super bad and i love it because my mom got me hooked on it in my youth when she used to do it to me during church and before bed.  so after a busy week of taking morning showers (normally much more rushed than night showers) and not using any lotion whatsoever, today i took a leisurely shower before church and made sure to put lotion on my arms, legs, belly, and back (y'know, because my skin is stretching... i know it's not normal to use lotion on your lower back)... the first time in at least seven days.

so after church while i was making food, christopher was touching me (yeah, i know, it sounds bad every time) and asking if i had lotion on (he hates to touch me when i've put lotion on because he despises lotion) as a precaution.  i semi told him no like i always do (he really should be used to this by now) and he went on touching without noticing/caring that i was lying.  anyways, i have no idea why i'm writing all of this except that i thought it was hilarious that he kept commenting on my soft skin.  your skin is so soft!  why is it so soft?  how did you get such soft skin?  i tried to tell him it was because i finally put lotion on my poor, suffering, dry dry skin but he was kinda in denial about it.  so often he reminds me of a child.  he is so so cute.  ps- i am totally THAT wife.  the one that thinks somehow she got the most amazing husband in the whole world and wonders if all the other wives know that they got the short end of the stick.

veggies
i came home after church today and cooked some veggies.  i cut up some onion, red bell pepper, and zucchini.  threw it all in a pan with butter and garlic salt.  came back later and devoured it all.

i must have done something wrong because it all tasted way way way too good.  i mean seriously.  it was like the butter multiplied, or maybe the salt came out too fast.  i purposely made quite a bit so that there would be enough for chris to have some when he got home from his hungarian thing and so i could maybe have another serving later.  whoops.  must have forgotten about my ferocious appetite!  i ate the entire thing and all i can think about is more more more.  wow.

stuck in the past
yesterday i didn't even leave my apartment.  sure i have a cold, but really it was because i have no life.  want to know what i did in exchange for having a life?  i stayed in bed all day long embroidering and watching pride and prejudice.  sometimes i think 2010 just doesn't appeal to me enough.  sure i took breaks (i mean, i had to make a five hour movie last ten hours) but really, i just lost myself in it and it was glorious.  i was so upset when it ended and it was only 9:00 or so, so i watched the featurette.  y'know, the 20 or 30 minutes on the making of the movie.  i was sad when that ended too.  chris has another long day of studying ahead of him today (this is finals week before he heads to china) and i'm pretty sure i'm going to break out some embroidery and watch pride and prejudice again.  is two days in a row too much?  no way, i need to soak it all up while i have the time!

emilys
i talked to two emilys yesterday.  they were actually the only two people who called my phone and consequently the only people i interacted with besides my physically present but emotionally unavailable studying husband.  i talked to my dear friend emily jones for a whole 45 minutes.  she is always so busy and it was a luxury to talk in such a long stretch.  it was absolutely glorious and it made my day.  the second emily was my blogging sister.  who called to tell me stories!  she called at 11:30 and we talked til midnight.  it was a great conclusion to my day.  my favorite part of the phone call was when she told me her latest boy story.  i asked her what she thought of the guy to which she replied "well, there wasn't anything wrong with him."  (emmy, correct me since i'm sure the words aren't exact)  the funny thing is that i had been thinking throughout the story about how she just doesn't meet any guys these days that really wow her.  but really, you can't get anymore clear than that... "well, there wasn't anything wrong with him."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha it does sound bad but it will defintely grab your readers. Brett also despises lotion and always has to wash his hands if I ask him to give me a foot massage and he uses lotion. All funny stories, y'all make me laugh!! I love it

Sara said...

Aw, it's not dirty!

I love when people play with my hair and I adore a really good hug.

Touch is so important and I support it!