Wednesday, March 31, 2010

24 weeks and 25 weeks

How far along: 24 weeks  (3.20.10)
Total weight gain/loss: + 13 lbs.  yeay!
Maternity clothes?: loran gave me some maternity jeans that might fit later.  liza sent me some capris that actually fit right now so i'm hoping to get over being so self conscious about my ankles!
Stretch marks?: of course.  but i had a dream this week that i got stretch marks over every inch of my body.  it was disgusting.
Sleep: not fabulous.  i just go from one side to the other all night.  which isn't fun because it hurts to turn over!
Best moment this week:  mom and em coming in town!!!
Movement: i'm feeling her move throughout the day, but still not when i'm moving around.  i'm addicted to feeling her move.  after i pray at night i just prop myself up on my back and feel her moving while i drift off to sleep.  I LOVE IT!
Food cravings:  smoothies.
Gender: GIRL!!!
What I miss:  my mobility.  getting in and out of em's car yesterday was UGH!  i felt obese and elderly.
Milestones: reaching viability.  my kid has a shot if she's born early!
Theme: the week of feeling the whole deal.  big, emotional, bathroom breaks, eating, movement, dr appt, clothes not fitting...
Extra:  my sweet christopher left for china.  mom and em came to keep me company!  not really baby related but still important current events.

How far along: 25 weeks  (3.27.10)
Total weight gain/loss: i've decided the scale i use is too unreliable.  i'm going to depend mostly on doctors visits from now on.
Maternity clothes?: wore maternity clothes for the first time this week!!!  but only a shirt or two.  completely cleaned out my closet and folded and put away all of my skinny shirts/skirts and hung up all of the maternity/big clothes!
Stretch marks?: they're getting worse.  i even had a dream that every inch of my body was covered in stretch marks.  even my too small ankles!  woke up and was happy to realize that my ankles and arms have little chance of getting stretch marks.
Sleep: pretty good!  with mom and em in town i was dead tired every night and had the whole bed to myself with chris being gone!
Best moment this week: playing with mom and em.  i probably had more fun than chris... and he spent his spring break in china!
Movement: definitely getting stronger and much more active.  i love every second of it.
Food cravings:  the cream cheese orange rolls we made.  they really hit the spot! 
Gender: GIRL!!!
What I miss:  nothing.  it's just all so wonderful.
Milestones: hitting 25 weeks!  NOW i feel like i'm on the more home stretch part of pregnancy.  i actually get sad and panicky about how pregnancy is going by too fast.  i'll count on the third trimester to change that!
Theme: the week of the time warp!  fastest week of my life because i was having so much fun with mom and em.  refer to above... it's just going by too fast... especially considering the amount of time i spent dreaming/obsessing over being pregnant.
Extra:  at the grocery store i left my cart in the middle of the aisle.  i apologized and made some joking comment about always being in the way.  can't remember her exact phrasing but she said something to the extent of "girl, you just wait a little while til that belly of yours gets bigger, then you'll for sure always be in the way!" [add slightly ghetto voice]  it made my day!  i love every comment from strangers asking when i'm due or telling me congrats or anything really.... anything to remind me that i'm pregnant.  i've also discovered how unphotogenic i am these days.  although i'm in a delicate state, my camera (and em's and mom's) would have you believe i am as delicate as a charging rhinoceros.  i really don't think i'm in to that huge and lumbering stage yet, although the third trimester is quickly approaching, but in pictures i look huge/fat/thick/gross/etc.  when i actually look that way in person, THEN what will the cameras portray?!?!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I feel like one of the best things about being pregnant is that people will forgive you anything.

Especially men.

They're terrified of pregnant women.

Use it, Carrie!