Friday, April 2, 2010

a large growth

this is mostly for liza, and i guess for sarah too.  for anyone that has wanted proof that i'm as big as i say i am.

ever since january (basically the start of second trimester) i started taking belly shots to basically document/prove to myself how big i was getting.  i would have started sooner than week 14 or so but i was a bit phobic...you know about that.

so in the beginning stages i really couldn't tell if i was getting bigger or if i'd just adopted bad posture.  my solution: three belly shots every week.  i named them "the good, the bad and the ugly."  here's my explanation...

the good: i suck in my stomach as much as i possibly can... normally involves holding my breath because it's so intense.

the bad: i try to stand "normal"... whatever that is.  my posture may be less than optimal.

the ugly: i push out my stomach as far as i can.  i have always had the ability to look grossly pregnant, this is not new.

so, as i continue to consume a very large piece of pound cake, i present you with physical proof of the poundage i'm gaining.

old pictures at 15 weeks...



and the most recent pictures at 25 weeks...




so basically, "ugly" is the new "good."

and there you have it.

3 comments:

Catherine O. said...

You are too funny, Carrie! I am so excited for you!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Great idea! I still can't tell if I'm showing yet or if I'm just eating too much.............You're quite possibly the cutest pregnant lady I've ever seen :)

Jeff said...

You are still pretty tiny! Thanks for my post!