Saturday, April 10, 2010

27 weeks

How far along: 27 weeks  (4.10.10)
Total weight gain/loss: not sure... maybe + 17 lbs?
Maternity clothes?: i'm hating them.  none of the pants stay up and they're not comfortable because they're always moving around.  the shirts aren't long enough to cover the band, and i can't even blame it on my stomach because really, it's small now compared to what it'll be in a few months!  and the shirts are either way big and baggy or if they're more fitted then they just ride up and up and up over my bump.  getting dressed is such a chore.  and it doesn't help that i can never have a go-to outfit because i'm constantly growing and nothing fits the same way twice.
Stretch marks?: i think i'm starting to see new dots that will grow into new stretch marks
Sleep: this week has been really good!  i'm sleeping all through the night (for the most part) and falling asleep quickly too!  now if only i could get rid of these crazy dreams!
Best moment this week: definitely general conference
Movement: not too much action this week.  even though my doctor warned me that i would be feeling a decrease in movement (due to an increase in fluids?) it still worries me from time to time.  but i really really miss feeling her move more often.  it really makes me so happy so see my stomach lurch.
Food cravings:  my voracious appetite has definitely left me.  i still like eating, but i would be just as happy skipping the food and just feeling full and satisfied instead.  i'm not lunging at everything edible within a five foot radius of me.  but i'm still devouring the milk like crazy.  which is saying something for me.
Gender: GIRL!!!
What I miss:  1) walking/sitting/standing/doing anything without my pants falling down  2) being happy
Milestones: finishing the second trimester!  holy cow!
Theme: the week of being depressed
Extra:  i have far too many hormones.  i'm happy sometimes.  but the overall feeling is just sad, lethargic, and apathetic.  this week has really caused me to be worried about post-partum depression.  i have everything i've ever wanted and i'm feeling just plain crappy.  this week i've been crying at least once a day.  i am ultra irritable and i'm really scattered in my thoughts so it's hard to get anything done and regular things take me forever and leave me feeling dissatisfied and i constantly have an overall feeling of general anxiety because i feel like i'm in a cloud like in one flew over the cuckoos nest (or whatever that book was) and it's just terrible.  chris has been so wonderful and patient when i start crying for no reason and he's been so good about taking study breaks to check in with me and see how i'm doing and make sure i'm staying busy and involved in something.  but honestly, i just wish i was more emotionally stable so i could help him out when he gets stressed or whatever instead of him adding me to his already too long list of things to manage and take care of.  i could keep rambling forever about all of this but i'll just say i'm having flash backs of when i was engaged and had just started birth control and i had SERIOUS breakdowns more than once a day and i was horribly mean to chris and i have no idea why he didn't break off our engagement although i'm glad he didn't.  so yeah, my body can't handle caffeine and it can't handle hormones (and i would imagine i wouldn't hold alcohol well either).  wish me luck for future weeks of pregnancy.  but i have to say i'm loving every second of pregnancy.  just in case you were doubting.  chris sure does.

6 comments:

EmmyLou said...

I'm sure you wouldn't hold alchohol well. Don't worry about trying =) I love you!!! You should come visit me this time. Glad you got involved with a good book.

S.A.R. said...

I'm so sorry you feel like you're on a crazy hormone roller coaster. I wish there was some golden nugget of advice that would solve all the pregnancy emotional woes, but I'm afraid I have no such nugget. :)

If you're having a crazed scattered crying moment and you need someone who come whisk you away and take you to get frozen yogurt or something equally necessary, PLEASE CALL ME!! I will come get you in my hot ride that all the fellas dig (ha ha ha) and we'll hit the tizzown.

Seriously. I am here for wacko pregnancy moments. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the crazy, sweet, scatter brained, hormonal, sad, happy you!! haha I wish you were her or I was there so we could cry together. LoL 27 weeks though?!!? Wow!! Its getting closer!!

Bryan and Carolyn Turnage said...

now i feel even worse for ditching you on the phone the other day. hope it didn't make you cry!! ;)

Cherie said...

I'm sorry to hear you've had a tough week Carrie. I know you already know it's just hormones, but I'll reiterate that it's just hormones! Sometimes I felt like I must be going crazy because of how unstable I was. After baby was born it was the same way for a while, but don't worry things will iron out and you will go back to the same normal person you were. I think the first two weeks after baby was born was always the toughest for me, but it's a little more manageable if you know that's totally normal (with Brody I thought I would never be the same and with Parker I handled it okay because I knew it'd go away). Anyway, I hope this week goes better. I enjoy the honesty of your posts :) Thanks for sharing with us!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

So much goodness to look forward to :)
Keep it up! You're getting there!!