Saturday, April 24, 2010

29 weeks

How far along: 29 weeks  (4.24.10)
Total weight gain/loss: +17 lbs according to the weigh in at my appointment on wednesday
Maternity clothes?: still haven't gone back to maternity pants yet.  just trying to find shirts that are long enough.  the weather was so nice this week that i kept wanting to just throw on a skirt and t-shirt.  sad news when your big t-shirts make you look like gus gus.
Stretch marks?: getting a number of marks on the left hip... none on the right.  why is my left side fatter?
Sleep: my dreams have been less intense this week so i'm not so emotionally exhausted when i wake up.  but i frequently dream i'm at work or taking care of the kids from work.  but at least i'm not trying to escape anyone or anything scary.  it really has helped me wake up happier and more refreshed.  not sure what the deal is but i keep waking up around 5 by really noisy birds.  i don't ever really feel like i fully get back to sleep so i spend the next two or three hours in that frustrated half awake sort of deal.  and a few times i've been woken up by some strong kicks or punches.  but all in all, this week has been much improved from previous weeks!
Best moment this week: umm, not sure?  probably just feeling so much movement from an active baby.  i think it is so beyond cool.  and it helps reassure my that everything is okay, because, yes, i'm still phobic about something going wrong.
Movement:  noticeably so much stronger and more frequent this week.  some of it is pretty uncomfortable even.  i love feeling it throughout the day but now it's starting to scare me that i'm going to have an ultra active baby that's super add and never slows down.
Food cravings:  eating is still kind of a hassle.  don't get me wrong, i'm still humbled from my first trimester days.  just saying, i'm not even in to candy that much these days.  chocolate chips have been delicious and of course milk.  but really, maybe that's why i stopped gaining weight.  i'm not obsessed with food.  no real cravings.  i totally count myself lucky that processed and foods with little or no nutritional value don't appeal to me.  i mean, i'll want a cookie or other sweets or something but they don't make me happy.  i keep hearing people tell me that they didn't feel guilty about eating crap because they were pregnant but honestly i feel totally the opposite.  i didn't care what sort of trash i was feeding myself (namely nasty totinos pizzas...yum, to die for) before i was pregnant, but now that i'm feeding a baby i feel terrible eating them.  i naturally seek out healthy foods.  so maybe i'm that odd person that is excited to not feel guilty to eat trash again (and nasty pizzas) when i'm no longer nourishing a baby in my belly.
Gender: GIRL!
What I miss: being happy
Theme:  the week of being pregnant with my third?
Extra:  this week i think i reached the point where people can't resist asking your due date, baby gender, etc.  and when i've got the two boys i watch with me, i also get comments about am i excited to be having a girl since i already have to boys and about the spacing of my children etc.  normally i don't bother explaining to people that they aren't my children (unless they specifically ask or make a comment) but now i find myself telling everyone at the park, grocery store, etc, that i am actually just pregnant with my first.  before i was pregnant i used to worry that people would think i was a pregnant teenager since people always tell me how young i look.  umm, i did not anticipate everyone assuming that i'm pregnant with my third.  three kids three and under?  i'm pretty glad that's not my case!  but on the upside, you wouldn't believe how accommodating people are when you are "pregnant with your third."  ha, people are nice to me when it's just me, but when i've got two kids, 1.5 and 3.5 with me, everyone turns very understanding and patient and chatty and friendly.  in other news, at my appointment on wednesday, i filled out a third trimester depression questionnaire.  my doctor never addressed it during the appointment so i asked (along with my list of questions) if my crazy emotions would be going away soon or stay through postpartum.  she asked if i'd taken the survey, i told her yes, she found it on her clipboard, went over it with me.  all i wanted her to say was "this is totally normal, yes it sucks but it will go away eventually or at least subside substantially (like acne, nausea, etc.) but no, i ended up in tears just talking to her about it.  apparently i'm more depressed than the average pregnant person and in some people post partum depression comes before the baby, in the third trimester.  i told her okay, so when will it go away?  all i need is just little words of comfort, don't give me the truth!  she begins to tell me the wonders of therapy and medication.  i'm sure through all of my tears i sounded super convincing that i don't want/need professional help and/or drugs but whatever.  she kept wanting to call in a referral to a psychiatrist but i told her no.  ugh, it wasn't good. at least there are ups and downs and not just downs.  i can always laugh about it later.  wish me luck.  also, did the orange drink glucose test and i wanna know what all the hype was about.  the drink tasted delicious and it was only a tiny bottle anyways.  why did i keep hearing stories about how super sweet (no sweeter than soda) and disgusting it was and how it made so and so throw up?!?!  oh well.  glad it was a breeze.  so that was my week.  and for the record, i only cried once today and not at all yesterday.  really, i'll be fine.  ;-)

3 comments:

Bryan and Carolyn Turnage said...

You are normal. Your moods will go up and down before your pregnancy, during your pregnancy, and after you have the baby! You are no more or less crazy than any other pregnant woman. On bad days just get home and drink some milk...everything is ok!!! Wish you could have come over after your appointment and sit on my couch and I would have made you a healthy snack! I love you!!!!

Sara said...

Loved the Gus Gus comment.

I don't know if you ever e-mail Lisa or not but I keep her updated on your progress!

Cindy said...

I found a link to your blog on Live, Love, Law, Food. I enjoyed reading this post. I'm 16 weeks and I hear all sorts of horror stories like how horrible the stuff is that you have to drink etc. Why is it that once people know you are pregnant they tell you their worst horror story? I can't wait for my hormones to go back to normal? Will that ever happen again???