Monday, April 19, 2010

28 weeks

How far along: 28 weeks  (4.16.10)
Total weight gain/loss: +17 lbs still?  i dunno, i'll find out on wednesday at my appt.
Maternity clothes?: i'm doing okay with the shirts but temporarily gave up on the pants.  this week i've been wearing my normal jeans either with a bella band, rubber band, or nothing at all but my hips to hold them up.  it is infinitely easier and more comfortable than maternity pants.  but who knows if that'll be true down the road.
Stretch marks?:   definitely got a new one or two on my left hip.  until now they were confined to my chest.
Sleep: my dreams leave me absolutely exhausted.  i have like six different dreams each night.  i'm at work, then i'm escaping a burning building, then i'm running away from army tanks, then i'm on a vacation with the family i nanny for, then my sister's car blows up.  i mean seriously, how do i wake up from that feeling refreshed?!?!  thursday night though i had dreams that weren't so active and i woke up in a much better mood.  still insanely tired though.  at least i'm still mostly sleeping through the night.
Best moment this week: not really a specific moment but i love the random, nice pregnancy comments.  i mean, i weigh a ton and i'm stopped by friends, strangers, everyone asking me how i'm feeling and then telling me i look amazing!  they don't even say stuff like "you like nice" it's always "you look phenomenal" (or fantastic, incredible, etc) when has that ever happened in my life?!?!  um never.  what's not to love?!?!
Movement: i love it.  i love it.  i love it.
Food cravings:  still just eating enough to satisfy me.  if food is delicious and in front of me then of course i'll eat it, but i don't crave things and go out of my way to eat everything.  and i actually get full at after a smaller amount of food.  i haven't even had a sour patch kid in 24 hours.  wow.
Gender: GIRL!
What I miss: just feeling normal.  y'know, not big and bulky, irritable, tired, headachey (those came back... mildly though), etc.  but really, i had a good day today so maybe the real answer is just "nothing."
Theme:  the week of getting the whole picture.
Extra:  this week i totally felt like i got a balanced act of all the things that accompany pregnancy.  i was tired. i had trouble finding clothes that fit right.  i was moody.  i was lethargic.  i felt like a huge blob.  but then i felt like i had a cute bump.  i loved people's pregnancy comments.  then i hated having to tell everyone i'm pregnant with my first, not third.  i had times where i wanted to devour everything in site and plenty of times where i was full after four bites.  i love experiencing everything but honestly it's so widespread.  it just consumes you!


sorry.  wanted to post this on saturday but didn't get a chance until now.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

FINALLY! So glad you were updating while we were talking. I think you look like you have a cute bump and CAN'T WAIT for you to actually get big. Let me know when you feel big so I can rub it in. I want you to enjoy everything!