Saturday, April 3, 2010

26 weeks

How far along: 26 weeks  (4.3.10)
Total weight gain/loss: not sure
Maternity clothes?: wore maternity jeans for the first time this week!!!  they won't stay up.  they're not huge but with no real waist to them they just slide off my hips.  suggestions?
Stretch marks?: of course
Sleep: i can never seem to get enough.  but i'm doing better at staying awake during the day!
Best moment this week: my honey came home from china!!!
Movement: most of the time i can feel her in one or two spots at a time... but sometimes she just goes crazy!  it's like gymnastics or aerobics for an octopus!  flips, turns, punches, kicks, the works.  my whole stomach looks like that arcade game where the alligators (or groundhogs or whatever) pop up all over the place while you try to beat them with the mallet.
Food cravings:  mostly milk.  i'll come home from work and drink a half gallon before i go to bed five hours later.  oh my goodness it is the most delicious substance on earth!
Gender: GIRL!!!
What I miss:  nothing.  life is so good.
Milestones: only single digits of days left!  holy cow, never thought i'd make it this far!
Theme: the week of wearing maternity clothes!
Extra:  twice this week i've cried for little or no reason.  today i talked on the phone with my blogging sister who told me the price of some shirts i wanted went up six or so dollars each.  i was kinda upset about this because i had wanted to buy at least five.  normal people take a minute and get over it.  pregnant carrie gets off the phone and starts crying.  still emotional near tears at least a half hour later.  umm what?!?!  a night or two ago i was just hanging out talking to chris when i told him "honey, i'm about to cry."  no idea why, but i just felt tears coming on and i couldn't stop crying for a while.  i don't even remember what we were talking about, but seriously, there was absolutely no reason to explain why i should so randomly start crying.  honestly, i'm just a nutcase these days... ANYTHING can make me cry with seriously NO warning.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Carrie -- This is Emmy's friend, Jen. I used my bella band to help keep my maternity pants up. The best idea I've heard of is suspenders (another Emily's idea, the Emily from Georgia), but I could never bring myself to buy them. ;)

Sara said...

I'm pretty sure when you're pregnant, you get to cry because your taco is too "foldy" or that there aren't more butterflies where you live.

It's okay. Do as you see fit, my dear!

P.S. I once cried because I dropped a blueberry muffin in my driveway.

Karen said...

The whole how to get maternity clothes to fit thing is a joke. No matter how big or small you are they never fit well. Thankfully you don't have to wear them for too long in life because they're awful. And the milk thing is so funny. I was just telling Weston that I must have drank two gallons of milk today. I can't get enough of it. I'm so glad you are enjoying your pregnancy. Such an exciting time.

EmmyLou said...

I'm sorry I wasn't very consoling about the shirts. We did look at 3 stores across the Salt Lake area and had the lady at the third store call all the other stores to find a clearance shirt in your size. We really tried.

I love you!!!

PS - you could have at least said you miss your mom and your sister. Hello!