Wednesday, August 25, 2010

apparently i'm white trash

i never really thought of myself as the white trash type.  i know i wasn't growing up.

lawyer dad: check
private school education: check
name brand everything: check

see?  not white trash.

but check out this glorious picture...


does this make anyone else want to reconsider my trash status?

let's evaluate.

here are the cons:
greasy hair pulled back in ponytail... hasn't showered lately
naked baby wearing only a diaper... typical white trash
wearing pajamas... not fabulous
diaper burp rag anticipating vomit... yum
spit up on the shirt... slightly understandable although still gross
nasty gus gus... double bad for peeking out from under my shirt while hanging over my waistband
stolen absolute t-shirt from a party school i didn't even attend... ummm, we have problems
and my kid looks like a boy... whoops

here are the pros:
ralph lauren pajamas... good taste?  evidence of prior non-white trash life?


hmm, not looking too good.

so, who wants to tally that up?

do i get credit that my manly looking baby girl is smiling?  (that was the reason the picture was taken in the first place anyways)

most importantly, who still wants to be my friend?

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Ha ha. This made me laugh.

Bryan and Carolyn Turnage said...

our friendship might be on the line here...

For the Love of French said...

I think we have to be done, especially since my husband and I are getting ready to move into a motorhome and then have a baby and all three of us live in a motorhome in a motorhome park in FL none the less. So yup, I think we have to be done ;)

Unknown said...

you know that i've always been envious of your pajama pants!

Jen said...

Carrie, you crack me up. Welcome to the life of a mother. :)

Jeff said...

How did baby Abby/Maycock turn into baby Chris??!! Funny how you can catch particular expressions that look just like one parent or the other.