Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Happy eaters

Tonight, as I was making asperagus and mushrooms, I thought to myself how wonderful it was that I wasn't even concerned about my kids eating what I served for dinner. I just already knew there would be no issues. 


I know a lot of people have kids that are very selective about what they will eat and I am grateful to not have one of those yet. I cook so infrequently and reluctantly that I'm just not to the point yet that I can handle mean words about my cooking. 

So while Brady struggled chewing the asperagus, he gnawed on it as best he could and filled up on mushrooms. And, after eating several, Abigail told me that she didn't like the yellow ones as much (mushrooms), but asked for thirds of the "green ones."  Both topped off with multiple bananas. 

Hallelujah that my kids are happy eating the same few things every day but are still also happy to try new things when they come. In our month of gratitude, this is something for which I am truly grateful. 

Ps- also truly grateful for pride and prejudice. Best movie ever ever ever ever.   

No comments: