Thursday, November 6, 2014

10 weeks

How far along:  10 weeks  (11.6.14)

Total weight gain/loss: -1.5 lbs
Maternity clothes:  yes... but only because i wear maternity clothes as part of my regular wardrobe.  my pants are still plenty big on me and my shirts still have plenty of room too, although i've definitely got that spare tire look which is making me choose hoodies more often than not.  i virtually never go in public unless i absolutely have to, so most days i sit at home in my bathrobe from morning to night.  
Sleep:  not great.  don't get me wrong... i get tons of sleep (about 12 hours every night) and am not ever really tired during the day... but the actually sleeping part isn't pleasant.  it's still my escape from the day.  but lately, more often than not, it just feels like airplane sleep and i know i'm tossing and turning all night because i wake up every time i change positions.  round ligament pain is real and even though my uterus is about the size of a grapefruit, it feels like a painful rock in my belly and holy crap it makes moving extremely difficult.
Best moment this week:  i'm not sure i could pinpoint one particular moment, but i have 100% appreciated that i've been able to eat more this week and don't even eat toast anymore (it got to the point that thinking about toast made me gag) so that's been super amazing.  still hungry all the time, but my body doesn't feel so weak 24/7 anymore.
Movement:  nope... but i can feel exactly where my uterus is so i'll know where to be expecting movement from.
Food cravings:  i still have times that everything in the world sounds gross, but i have had plenty of times that i've been able to pretty easily eat food, even if it does make me feel terribly nauseous afterwards.  things i've been able to eat more than once or pretty easily include... asparagus and mushrooms (the mushrooms kind of grossed me out but i was able to persevere... the asparagus were a good taste and texture for me although after eating them three times, i had a weird all night bad dream about chewing them), sour cream noodle bake (i've eaten it once and it was okay!), scrambled cheese eggs on biscuits (because toast is grossing me out right now... i was able to eat two mini biscuits, but the third one grossed me out and i had to give it to abigail), cherry tomatoes (the ones jodi gave me were really hitting the spot... especially for something healthy... so i bought two containers of cherry tomatoes next time i went to the store.  i never buy them because they cost more than regular tomatoes but desperate times call for desperate measures), and EGG NOG.  oh holy cow how i'm loving egg nog.  i can't even get milk to taste good all the time, but egg nog has been tasting good to me every single time.  for that reason, i don't even care that it's $4.50 for a half gallon and has twice as much fat as whole milk.  we have to pay 100% for ultrasounds until we hit our deductable and they're $150 or $200.  the other day i told christopher that if my doctor wanted to do an ultrasound at my next appointment that i was going to decline because i would much rather save that $200 to buy egg nog instead.  my confused christopher told me we would be able to pay for ultrasounds and egg nog if we wanted, but i told honey, i'd just rather put that money into an egg nog fund.  finally he told me that would be okay with him if that was what i wanted.  let the pregnancy crazy begin...
Symptoms: nausea, hunger, headaches, round ligament pain, crazy dreams 
Gender:  i'm still thinking girl.  jodi texted me a picture of a little newborn cardigan that she got from old navy for $.97 with the caption "look what i found for your baby!  let's hope it's a girl!"  ha.  i read a blog post the other day of a mom who had a boy, and then with her second decided not to find out until the birth... though her intuition was positive it was a boy.  well, it turned out being a girl.  and the mom was so overwhelmed with shock.  and she even wrote that it took her the whole first week of her baby's life to get used to the fact that her baby was a girl.  first, thank goodness i'm going to find out sooner than the birth because, second, that's probably how i'll be if this is a boy.  ; )
What I miss:  not feeling crappy all the time.  having excitement and motivation for my days.
Milestones:  i'm in double digit weeks now! 
Theme: the week of holy cow my uterus hurts!
What's different this time around:  with abigail, i literally never ever, not a single time, ever enjoyed food until i was 14.5 weeks along.  i felt nauseous pretty consistently and threw up once or twice a week, but was mostly just starving all day and all night.  this time, i'm able to eat more variety and more food quantity wise, but it makes me feel soooo sick and if i don't lay down in bed and focus really hard on reading articles on my phone or something then my stomach starts clenching and my body gets ready to throw up.  it's been amazing being able to take it easy (i really think that has helped me only throw up twice so far) when i need to and that christopher is typically home at nights when things are most difficult for me.  with brady, i was able to eat pretty regularly, and it never made me nauseous like i get these days when i eat.
Extra:  i sleep so much.  friday i slept/stayed in bed til 11:50.  at noon, i got brady up, the kids got themselves bananas (they're pretty independent now since i'm almost 100% worthless) and i made us all pancakes (that was the only thing appealing to me... pancakes with butter, syrup, whipped cream, and raspberries/blackberries on top).  i ate three (they were amazingly delicious) and promptly felt so nauseous, i had to go lay down for an hour.  at two, i put brady down for a nap (even though i didn't get him out of bed til noon, i know he'd woken up much earlier and abigail had played with him in his crib for a long time) and took a shower, which left me completely exhausted and out of breath.  three hours into my day and i was completely worn out.  luckily, honey walked in the door right then (got home from out of town and came home instead of going into the office because it was so late on a friday afternoon and it was halloween).  monday morning, i showered and then stayed in my bathrobe until it was time to go to bed.  totally wore me out. 

11.9.14 at 10 weeks 3 days

11.9.14 at 10 weeks 3 days

No comments: