Saturday, December 5, 2015

Christmas fun

Elizabeth is great. She slept all night and didn't wake up til 7. But I was exhausted from dealing with Brady all night so I fed her and put her back to bed and she slept until 11:30. The girl is a gem. 

I had a rough time with my kids today. Not my baby, because she is perfection, but my older kids. I was annoyed with Brady for having so much energy and being so whiny after being up so much during the night and with Abigail for being so distracted and not getting ready for school. At least I got a shower this morning because when I got Abigail from school, she was on one (as usual) and hit Brady twice and was throwing bit fits. I put Elizabeth down for a nap, put out applesauce and turkey sandwiches for Abigail and Brady to eat for lunch, and I got myself to bed for a nap. A long nap. Thank goodness for that. They made a huge mess but it was worth it. 

I called and talked to granny while I watched Abigail and Brady dance in front of the Christmas tree to Christmas music. It was the highlight of my day. 

Our Christmas party tonight was really nice. The food was excellent and the music and songs were wonderful. Our nonmember friends came and Abigail loved playing with their daughter, Alex. On the way home though, she asked why the party wasn't fun. Ha. At least the rest of us enjoyed it. 

When we got home, chris took the kids inside and Elizabeth and I went to shaylee's for a Christmas themed girls night. We got there an hour late because it started at 7:30, but it didn't wind down til midnight so there was plenty of fun to be had. But thank goodness for that nap earlier. 

I'm out of milk because I hate grocery shopping now and am procrastinating it. First thing tomorrow, I gotta suck it up and make it happen. I neeeeed to figure out my grocery shopping plan going forward. 



No comments: