Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Our family picture

The Hilliers haven't all been in the same place at the same time during 2015 to take a family photo, so we're all doing our own and meshing them together in a collage. After church, we took our part. Honey set up our spot and a ladder (as our tripod) and I clicked our self timer button. Even though it was after church and the kids were all hungry and Elizabeth was crazy tired, everyone cooperated super well. It was the most painless family photo I can recall in a long time. I appreciated honey's positive attitude. Also, it put me in a good mood that we just so happened to come up on the spot with clothing options (the colors were red for girls, black for boys, and whatever for kids) and kid placement for the photo. Hallelujah for that. 

This is Elizabeth's sultry face. 

I've been having Emmy send updates from the farm. It kills me not to be there. I have a whole lotta love hate going on with the updates. I wish I was there. 


After choir practice, I walked out of the church and was blown away by this beautiful sunset. 

I should have just had Abigail do her homework and then taken the kids up for bed, but I suggested we play this little Book of Mormon chutes and ladders type game and I'm glad (I think) that I did. Abigail was so into it and Brady really liked it. And it made me think of my childhood and honey was doing a great job moving it all along. It was a sweet, sweet moment. 



I haven't even into Christmas at all this year. So it helps me to hang out by the tree and listen to Christmas music as often as I can. 

No comments: