Sunday, December 13, 2015

Sunday successes!

Today was wonderful. I went to sleep around 3am, but didn't wake up at all until 8. And I woke up next to Brady which is always pretty cute because he comes in after daylight and snuggles up to me to get another hour or two of sleep. 

I woke up to the sound of Elizabeth and fed her and put her back in her crib. Honey came home and we hung out while he made/ate eggs and I put chicken in the crock pot. 

I got ready for church and left for choir practice while honey bathed and fed the kids and got them ready. I was on time/early for choir practice at 10:20 and hung out with Shannon and Rebecca while we practiced. And I convinced Katherine to sit next to me for the Christmas program so I could listen to her sing and I would be a stronger singer as a result of hearing her sing out part. I'm semi obsessed with Katherine. She's incredible for a million reasons, but today I admired her part in playing prelude music on the organ, the regular hymns on the organ, singing in a duet, singing in the regular choir, singing in the double quartet, playing the piano accompaniment for another song, and then doing the organ again for the closing song that was with the choir, congregation, and the piano as well. I just kept watching her feet. She knows how to do all the organ songs with her feet! It's insane to watch! She also homeschools her kids and composed her own music, but nbd. I wish I was better friends with her. I'll make that one of my 2016 goals. ; ) 

Anyway, the Christmas program was fantastic, especially joy to the world with everyone and the organ and piano. 

Second hour, I ended up talking to Farah in the hallway after I changed Elizabeth's diaper. It started as a chat about visiting teaching changes but then turned into a real heart to heart about motherhood. I'm so greatful for that conversation we had. 

Third hour RS was nice even though Elizabeth was still awake. She's such a trooper. I finally fed her and put her to bed around 2:30, but I didn't swaddled her and she woke up 30 minutes later. But I left her in her crib with a binky forever and it didn't even matter. I helped Abigail and Brady with random stuff and made teriyaki chicken and fried rice and stir fry veggies for dinner for bri and Kelsey and added some of honey's amazing brownies for dessert. I hope they liked it. I didn't have time to eat any today but I can't wait to eat it for lunch tomorrow. I was right on time to drop it by their house at 5 and visit for a bit before meeting honey and Abigail and Brady at the church for the 5:30 fireside on improving scripture study. Alexis was hilarious and I learned a lot. I got all the kids to bed while honey cleaned up the kitchen and great room. He has seriously been over the top helpful lately. Taking initiative in cleaning up and helping out around the house. Like he'll just do a bunch of dishes and clean the kitchen and run the dishwasher and then have it unloaded before I even know it. I appreciate it so much. 

I had some wonderful quiet moments to myself in Abigail's room after the kids drifted off and was still in time to snuggle honey before he fell asleep. It's been a great Sunday... Hopefully indicative of a super great week to come! Brady's birthday and celebrating Christmas and other stuff too!  Lots to look forward to! 

In other [very random] news... I'd like to move to Thomasville Georgia. I'm just working on convincing my honey. ; ) the house on lovers lane is calling my name. 

No comments: