Monday, November 27, 2017

on a roll

from the quick journal I sometimes keep in the notes app on my phone:
so focused. Vacuumed and got dressed for the gym. Stacey came from 8:30-9:30. Got Abigail to school okay and then got to the gym for 10:05 Tabata with Mollee. It was good but didn’t leave me sore at all. Played on the playground while I nursed Andrew, went by chick fil a for calendar chicken strips and birthday cookie and then ate in the car in the Costco parking lot. Got a bunch of stuff from Costco and had to unpack it all when we got home. Always takes forever. All three kids slept for quiet time while I washed my car... so filthy from the road trip out to Utah in the snow. Picked Abigail up. She played outside while I swept the garage and did some yard work. I finally finished chopping off the rest of the lilies. So glad we got rid of some of them... ashamed that it still seems so hard for me to tend to the ones that remain. Also pulled a few weeds and felt good to get that all done. It was such a non stop productive day and then when honey got home, I turned into a complete bum. I had one of those times where I got sad all of a sudden. Trying to figure out what causes those moments. 

such a happy kid.


Elizabeth requested to hold Andrew.  I felt like he was doing a photo shoot on the beach with his side pose he was in.

Brady's latest thing is being a catcher.  backwards hat and wears Chris's hockey elbow pads on his legs to be like the big leg pads a catcher wears.  he's so cute.  who wouldn't love to play catcher by the light of the Christmas tree?





as you can see, Elizabeth takes a pretty passive role in "holding" Andrew.

she kept trying to keep his head looking straight so his body would wiggle less.

it didn't work.

I can't look at this picture without cracking up.  her face.  her hands.  so interested, but so... not actually helping.

back to keeping his head in place.

I texted this to Lisa and told her that Elizabeth was just practicing for when women get the priesthood.  everything about Elizabeth is so, so funny.

Abigail and I had some special one on one time reading kit in my bed by the light of the Christmas tree.  she was fidgeting the whole time with Andrews stuff that was within reach.  when we were done reading, Abigail showed me how she made a wide brim hat for Sophie the giraffe.  that girl is so creative.

and when I was closing up shop for the night, I saw this ornament on the tree.  not sure exactly when Abigail made it (maybe when Brady was playing catch and Elizabeth was "holding" Andrew?), but she put it on the tree without mentioning it.  I was so impressed.  she did such a great job coloring and cutting and designing it.  even the part holding it on was decorated and cut... no glue or tape used... it's all cut from a single piece of paper.  I'm going to have her make more.


it was a really good day.

No comments: