Tuesday, May 29, 2012

don't put all your carrots in one basket

yet again i've ruined more dollars of baby carrots.

i get in the mood for carrots so i pull out my pot, lid, and steamer basket.  i pour in about half a bag of carrots.  and then i get greedy and pour in the other half.  you can never have too many carrots.  then i let them steam for a good long time so they all nice and soft.  and then just when i'm about to turn off the heat, i think, "no, let's give them a few more minutes."  and then i forget about them until my house smells like camping.

and then i want to punch somebody in the face.  because not only have i wasted food and money and my house smells so bad it makes me want to vomit, but it makes me feel like an idiot because this happens at least every other week, AND... I HAVE NO LUNCH NOW.  no lunch because i had to put the WHOLE bag of carrots in the steamer basket.  it's just one of those things that makes me feel like i suck at life.  can't steam carrots = not good at life.

and don't ask why i don't set the timer... it's not because i don't think of it, it's because i can't stay on one thought long enough to actually carry it out.  i'm barely functioning, i swear.

No comments: