Monday, September 2, 2013

I love Sundays!

Two months ago I would have shamefully told you about Sundays being my least favorite day of the week. But they're back on top now. And today was as good as the last. Church was excellent. Great testimonies, great Sunday school lesson, and excellent Yw lesson. And it was all the more fun because my parents are in town visiting for the weekend. Although turns out, they are tech junkies. Mom always on her iPad and taking phone calls in the hallway and dad not so discretely taking pictures of Brady during Sunday school. They're pretty lax now in their old age. I love it. After church I had a special spiritual experience and I have to say how much I love the lds hymns station on pandora. I was hit so hard by a beautiful arrangement of "because I have been given much."  For the rest of the day, I focused on spending time with my family. Our yw lesson was about how our cell phones get in the way of what is most important. I put mine away and just enjoyed the time with my parents and my wonderful husband and kids. It was glorious. Surrounded by my favorite people. As young women leaders, we are e courses to work on personal progress just like the girls work on personal progress. I've been really throwing myself into it lately and it has been night and day for me. I am getting more out of church and everyday experiences and thinking more and more of the phrase "all things are spiritual."  If you're looking for a fun and easy way to get more out of your scripture time, start soon personal progress like you did when you were a teenager. I promise it will change your life. For the million times better. 

Also, just in case anyone was wondering, as far as my kids' sleep goes... Today was still a crapshoot just like the rest if them. Its totally worth it though. 





1 comment:

Diana C. said...

I'm working on personal progress again too!