Monday, September 9, 2013

The bright side

There were some pretty awesome things that happened today.

Brady and i slept in til 8:30. Late enough that I wasn't tired, early enough that I didn't feel like a bum. 
Abigail slept til after 10 and then happily played in her crib forever until I finally got her out at 11. For the last week, she's been waking up around 7:30. Can you tell yesterday wiped her out?!
I conquered a whole ton of laundry. 
Abigail didn't whine about breakfast and later I found that she'd gone potty by herself. She's in a stage right now where she fights me on eating, sleeping, and going potty... So this made for a great morning in and of itself. 
Brady was a pretty happy kid this morning while I was productive and then he took a good nap. 
I gave both kids a bath and neither of them cried. Abigail typically freaks out when it's time to wash/rinse her hair and this morning she was as great as I could have hoped for. It was monumental. The afternoon was filled with happiness and smiles and good listening ears. Honey came home at 2 something and brought me a some leftover panera bacon avocado tomato shaved turkey on sourdough sandwich from his lunch meeting. And then he worked from home for a while. Even if he's not available, it's fun to have him home. 
We went to my in laws to hang out and Abigail and Brady played with two of their favorite uncles. 
And we had delicious chick fil a for dinner and an amazing fhe lesson. 
We played the "I love you because" game and my mil said she feels like I'm just one of her kids. 
But the real highlight was that my father in law told me I had the qualities of his mother. Grandma Virginia is one of my favorite people and perhaps the most perfect and saintly person I've ever met. So although I told Brent he was sorely mistaken, I wrote about it in my journal tonight because that was one of the highest compliments I have ever received. 
My honey told me I was a great mother and supportive wife. Honey's brothers told me they love my kids, and something about my laugh being like sunshine. Nate is a funny kid. I'm pretty sure my love language is words of affirmation...
My honey is great. And on the way home he filled up my car with gas. Don't worry mom, it was with the discover. 

Does anyone else do this?  Fall asleep at night replaying the day and listing all of the blessings?  I even distinctly remember doing this all throughout high school. Count your many blessings, name them one by one. Ha, I've got a lot of quirks. And a lot of blessings. 


No comments: