Friday, September 20, 2013

lds exhausted

i. am. exhausted.

my day has been almost 100% devoted to my calling/church.  what on earth do non-lds people do with all their free time that isn't spent devoted to callings and such?!

from the minute i woke up, i was answering emails and calling and texting people to figure out the situation for yw volleyball tonight.  i'd only been awake 30 minutes and i'd already been in touch with my secretary, the ym president, all three of my class presidents, and my ward party co-host.  the rest of the day i was in touch with our yw personal progress adviser, the main ward party planner, multiple people in my party group to give them potluck food assignments, and multiple young women to ask about babysitting my kids during the ward party.  and our yw personal progress adviser came over for a few hours so we could work on our personal progress board and then i worked on it more after she left and then went to young women volleyball at the church from 6-7 and then to the grocery store to pick up ingredients i needed for my own pot luck dish and then got home just in time to put groceries away before we all headed over to my in laws to meet elder pieper of the seventy, who is in town right now.  and when we finally got home and got the kids to bed, it was 10:45 and i. was. beat.

all of this was worked around abigail who was doing pretty alright, and brady, who was far fussier than usual and by 5 i realized this severe migraine causing me to be nauseous and feeling like i was on the verge of throwing up... oh, maybe that was because all i'd eaten all day was a few bites of abigail's oatmeal sometime around 11 o'clock.  it was a true tender mercy that the blinding pain in my head completely vanished by the time i went to bed.  like i went from searing stabbing pain in my left temple and behind my left eye and needing to lay down because i felt like i was going to puke at 6 to feeling almost normal at 8 and then literally no pain at all by 11.  it was a literal miracle.  i can't take excedrin or anything because i'm nursing and typically my headaches last for days at a time.  and migraines that bad may subside some but stick around in just a "really bad headache" status for at least another 24 hours.  i don't recall a recovery this fast... ever.  and i get headaches so often, i recently had a friend suggest that i get an mri or something.  i always say i'm going to be better about recognizing and recording miracles in my life.  well, this one blew me away, and even though i don't anticipate forgetting something this big... at least not anytime soon... i'm recording it.

No comments: